Dems put other countries before our country

Dems are there on the beach: Bob Menendez Enjoying Romp in Puerto Rico as Government Shutdown Continues The roll call for them is Puerto Rico baby.

Lol

10that’sdamnfunnies

The Democratic controlled House passed a bunch of funding bills for the government agencies that are affected by this shutdown that the Republican controlles Senate has refused to bring to a vote. OP, am I wrong?

1 Like

They where not in session, and they should have been. There are people out of work, and they are not showing up for the President. They have left Trump sitting in the house waiting for them to show up.

The House has passed funding bills to reopen the government. Now the ball is in the court of Mr. McConnell and the Senate. The same Mr. McConnell that spent the weekend back home in KY, rather than bringing the legislation to the floor of the Senate for a vote and getting these people back to work. Direct your ire where it belongs. At the Senate Republican Majority Leader and the President of the United States who both own this Trump Shutdown.

What time frame are you referencing? If it was pre-Jan 3rd, 2019, then Congress was not in session.

My question is why didn’t Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell and Speaker of the House Paul Ryan not call on Congress to re-convene during the break? Why didn’t President Trump order Congress back to work during the break and let them know he wanted to end the shutdown?

Over 100 Dems are there with Menendez having a great time while people are out of work. they are doing nothing to end the shut down. And you know…your right she may not be there, and let down her party by not being with them either. She must be in Hawaii again because she not in the house. Bottom line she has failed to get the parties together to talk out the shut down. To me it’s all one sided no matter how YOU put on a bow.

Nancy’s House has passed bills to fund the government.

Mitch’s Senate refuses to take up those bills because Mr Trump’s White House will not sign them.

Reconsider who is to blame here. Democrats can’t force Mitch to bring bills to a vote, or to call the senate into session, or for Trump to sign the bills.

Ryan is no longer Speaker of the House Nancy is, and the President is allowing them to work it out between themselves. They are adults…I think…

So Trump isn’t leading. Got it.

1 Like

This Trump Shutdown is becoming a real drag.

Lol

So much wrong so much of the time. Fascinating.

She was in DC over the weekend. And she already passed funding bills to reopen government out of her chamber of Congress. The ball is now in the Senate’s court, where Mr. McConnell has all of the power. It does not matter where any Democrats are right now. The people with the power to reopen government all have an R behind their name at this point. Pelosi did her job.

That many?
FoxNews says “about 30” -
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/democrats-fly-to-puerto-rico-amid-ongoing-government-shutdown

Bob Menendez is proof? Again, show me proof or a link showing House Democrats at the beach vacationing while the government is shut down. Thanks in advance.

Your tone could be an issue! I can tell by your response is why kids today can not work out their own problems. Some times groups or people need to work it out on their own. This is how People grow. Basically your saying the President should step in on Muller too Right?

I apologize for being confused by your posts.

You are angry that Nancy Pelosi was on vacation and not trying to re-open government.
You also pointed out that Congress was not in session.
I pointed out that Nancy was not speaker of the house when Congress was not in session.
Since Jan 3rd, when Congress went back in session and Nancy became Speaker of the House, Democrats had passed a bill to re-open Congress.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (a Republican, might I point out), refused to vote on the bill.

I am trying to figure out why you are angry at Democrats when a lot of this government shutdown happened when Republicans were a majority.

1 Like

I think you mean “Albus Doodoofloor”.

Come on MrSmith. This government no matter what side your on has moved slowly and point blame. Nancy is 80 years old trying to run a government that belongs to a whole new generation. She really has no idea how fast news can travel with today’s internet. Before they could come on TV say something and we would believe it…not anymore.

Fat donald is 73 years old, what’s your point?

This is their Rush/Fox talking point today. They’re going to keep saying it until the next marching orders come in.