DEMS DIG IN: House Democrats to Subpoena Trump Administration for Details on Ukraine

Originally published at: DEMS DIG IN: House Democrats to Subpoena Trump Administration for Details on Ukraine | Sean Hannity

House Democrats escalated their inquiry into the Trump administration this week; unveiling their plans to subpoena additional documents from the White House regarding the President’s phone call with the leader of Ukraine.

“The White House’s flagrant disregard of multiple voluntary requests for documents—combined with stark and urgent warnings from the Inspector General about the gravity of these allegations—have left us with no choice but to issue this subpoena,” a memo released by House Oversight and Reform Chairman Elijah Cummings reads.

Far-left lawmakers are now demanding documents that “memorialize communications between President Trump and the leader of any other foreign country” as it relates to the Ukrainian president.

“The draft subpoena for the White House — released by Cummings, House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff, and Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Eliot Engel — comes after the chairs issued a host of other subpoenas to key Trump administration officials, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, and to individuals close to the president, like Rudy Giuliani, who played a key role in seeking information from Ukrainian officials on former Vice President Joe Biden’s dealings with the country, along with those of his son Hunter,” reports Fox News.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo rejected a similar series of Democratic demands regarding the Ukraine Tuesday; saying left-wing lawmakers were attempting to “bully and intimidate” Trump officials.

“I am concerned with aspects of your request,” Pompeo wrote to Rep. Eliot Engel, Chair of the Committee. “I will not tolerate such tactics, and I will use all means at my disposal to prevent and expose any attempts to intimidate the dedicated professionals.”

“I’m concerned with aspects of the Committee’s request that can be understood only as an attempt to intimidate, bully, & treat improperly the distinguished professionals of the Department of State, including several career FSOs,” Pompeo posted on Twitter.

Let me be clear: I will not tolerate such tactics, and I will use all means at my disposal to prevent and expose any attempts to intimidate the dedicated professionals whom I am proud to lead and serve alongside at the Department of State.

— Secretary Pompeo (@SecPompeo) October 1, 2019

“Let me be clear: I will not tolerate such tactics, and I will use all means at my disposal to prevent and expose any attempts to intimidate the dedicated professionals whom I am proud to lead and serve alongside at the Department of State,” he added.

Read the full report at Fox News.