Dems and republicans come together to condemn the NBA for choosing profits over freedom

the GM of the houston rockets sent out a tweet supporting the protestors in hong kong. Of course china condemed it.
the NBA responded by apologizing to china (using a much stronger apology in chinese) the apology, at least the chinese version said the league “extremely disappointed” in the coach’s “inappropriate comment,” which had “undoubtedly seriously hurt the feelings of Chinese basketball fans.”

among those condemning the NBA so far are ted cruz,beto o’rourke and julian castro.

1 Like

about time we all got together on something

2 Likes

Mark this day down…the OP and I are in agreement.

1 Like

Reading this on my Chinese made smartphone.

Sadly, anyone really paying attention to most major league sports knows they will ALWAYS put money first. Every. Single. Time. The NBA and NFL are absolutely notorious for it. After listening to many stories of athletes who have been outright used by the leagues for their profitability it will be a very rare occurrence where I will side with ■■■■■■■■ greedy league execs over people who are just expressing their view.

Almost every business in the United States operates this way. It’s capitalism. Singling out sports leagues is an odd choice.

Boycotting the NBA will be easy for me.
I’ve never watched a complete basketball game in my life.

1 Like

I’m disappointed in Mr. Morey for deleting his tweet. Kudos to those who expressed disgust with the NBA for supporting a repressive regime.