Demostrators flout social distancing rules in New York City

LOL faceplate?

Yes…might have some fun with it…if for anything else to break up the tension. For that Op is golden.

3 Likes

Kermodes are notoriously bad spellars.

1 Like

:joy_cat:

Yeah…but what’s my excuse. :wink:

1 Like

Okay, my mistake on the video.

I did not hear similar outrage from Behar about crowds coming to see the Navy hospital ship:

Fair enough.

Okay. Behar is an idiot.

LOLOLOLOL!!! That is priceless.

1 Like

Why do you have any interest in Joy Behar’s opinion?

And I have heard very little about the city cutting back transit service that meant essential workers were forced to ignore social distancing rules:

Realize that the passengers were the workers for grocery stores, nursing homes, hospitals, etc. They were likely spread the disease to the most vulnerable people.

The MTA has cut back on transit service because their revenue is down 80%, and thousands of their employees are sick.

1 Like

Well in all fairness they may be confused over how frequently the Governor, Mayor, and Public Health director repeatedly told them not to worry because NYC was at exceptionally low risk well into last month… . :wink:

68 transit workers have died in New York. One reason is that transit officials followed CDC recommendations and banned the use of masks and other protective equipment:

On 6 March, another memo advised supervisors to tell transit workers wearing masks that they should not wear them during working hours. . .
“The guidance from the experts, the medical community, the CDC, was specific that we should absolutely not distribute the masks and personal protective equipment we had stockpiled,” said Sarah Feinberg, MTA interim president.

Note that the article is from the UK, even though much of the US media is based in New York. The US media has been too busy criticizing preachers and protestors in areas far from the epidemic in the New York.

The New York area has seen roughly half of the nation’s deaths from coronavirus. Perhaps the media should investigate the problems in their own backyard.

1 Like

I thought y’all liked trolls?

■■■■■■■ TRUMP!

That’s what I got out of this thread too.

3 Likes

The View did a whole segment calling out the non-social distancing of those who went out to view the USNS Comfort. Behar was not on the show that day.

3 Likes

Oops.

1 Like

So, total thread fail, then?

1 Like

New York is a ghost town.