Democrats unseat Conservative Supreme Court Justice in Wisconsin

The Supreme Court ruling was that it should not interfere in electoral procedure this close to an election “in normal times.” As if these were normal times. That was pure partisan hackery.

What business is it of the state if people chose not to vote for a certain number of elections? The Constitution does not mandate voting regularly as a condition of registration. More partisan hackery.

So are they saying the 30 day window violates the constitution somehow? If not, then over riding it is completely the court no liking the way a law is written without any constitutional backing.

Keeping the books up to date. Making sure they know that people havn’t moved, died, or the like.

1 Like

Your comment on last week’s Supreme Court decision seems confused. Or are you referring to the Wisconsin Supreme Court? My reference was to how embarrassingly partisan the Roberts’ Court ruling was, so embarrassing that no one stood up as author of the majority decision.

As to the “Keeping the books up to date” – do so in a way that does not result in a result that disadvantages one party. I’ve proposed a remedy, which you are ignoring.

I’m talking about all the court rullings that upheld the law of an election being held on a certain day. The courts would have to find a constitutional issue to strike the law down. Justices can’t just out of the blue say – we disagree, the law needs to be changed to allow the gov to change the date. They can not do that. They would have to strike the law down, and in that case NO election would be held until the state legislature acted to set a new date.

It doesn’t disadvantage any party – unless they have specifically told their followers NOT to vote in elections.

The only remedys you have given are: No purging of the voter rolls period, or allowing the court to over ride the time frame.

Had it been done in Octomber, the dems and republicans COULD have started a campaign to let people know they may need to re-register, explain to people how to check and see if they are registered.

1 Like

I say WOOT!

Trump endorsed Kelly, right?

1 Like

from a conservative majority to a conservative majority.

big change

1 Like

Multiple times.

You have not read my responses. I suggested that rather than run a program that specifically targets locations where Democrats poll strongly, require all registered citizens to confirm their registration, if “cleaning up the rolls” is the goal.

We have a confusion about courts and time frame. You are referring the conservative majority’s ruling in Wisconsin regarding purging the rolls; I am referring to last week’s Supreme Court decision refusing to delay the Wisconsin vote. No point in continuing on that apples to oranges distinction.

Donald Trump is outta gas in Wisconsin.

Stick a fork in him, he’s done.

1 Like

:grin:

There is a bigger picture. I’m sure you see it.

1 Like

that its not November yet?

that a democrat won a state wide election in a state where more democrats got more votes in 2018?

you’re running with a guy who’s sitting on the event horizon and the only question is how good are his meds? Will they keep him from slipping over the horizon into full blown dementia before the election, and… is that a good thing?

Which one of the two are we talking about

the only candidate displaying early signs of dementia is Joe Biden.

you not liking trumps speaking style is just an early sign of something else.

No that’s your guy. Did u see him today?

no, and i don’t need to to know he rambles. it is maddening at times. its not a sign of dementia

" MADISON, Wis. – A liberal challenger on Monday ousted a conservative Wisconsin Supreme Court justice endorsed by President Donald Trump, overcoming a successful push by Republicans to forge ahead with last week’s election even as numerous other states postponed theirs due to the coronavirus pandemic. "
https://www.google.com/amp/s/abcnews.go.com/amp/Health/wireStory/clerks-set-count-votes-messy-wisconsin-election-70113165

Oh Donald. Wisconsin is so over you.

1 Like

It is a sign of dementia.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://empowerwisconsin.org/karofskys-liberal-out-of-state-grassroots-campaign/&ved=2ahUKEwjuusDum-foAhVJ7XMBHaGPAb4QFjAAegQIARAB&usg=AOvVaw2pIcVD849wEBlWNCwe81Kc

Soros is busy buying judges and state attorneys.

3 Likes