Democrats, step aside. You failed. Again

last I checked, Rudy was the best mayor in NY in about the last 75 years

1 Like

Perhaps. You honestly think theyā€™re going to put the GOP in place? lolā€¦ Not a chance in hell.

Itā€™s odd to me that the GOPs primary line of messaging in courting minority populations, specifically the black community, is ā€œjust look at all of Bidens gaffesā€¦ā€, ā€œDid you see the legislation he was supporting several decades ago?ā€, yada, yada, yadaā€¦ I say itā€™s odd, because while those things above have degrees of truth to them, this is coming from the same party that welcomes Steve King, that responds to violence between white supremacists and anti-protesters by essentially saying folks on both sides are the same (hint, theyā€™re not), that derides Kaepernick and anyone else that dare kneel as a sign of protest, etc. Thereā€™s a long list to go thru hereā€¦ keeping things abbreviated. I mean, Trump literally just called a lot of these protesters thugs and a campaign manager of his in TX just retweeted that vile video of the deranged chainsaw dude screaming a racial epithet showing a sign of support (several other members of the TX GOP did as well).

Iā€™ve asked this a number of times before and no one ever answers. Iā€™ll try again. Specifically, what policies does the GOP support that are meant to benefit minority populations? Since Iā€™ve last asked this, I can honestly say they have done one thing that I fully support (as do many others) and rightfully applaud them for doing soā€¦ but beyond that singular thing (Iā€™m sure you can guess), what portion of the GOPs agenda exists to improve the quality of life for minority populations?

If you honestly believe that the black population is going to vote for Trump, particularly in light of on-going events, then all I can say is youā€™ve got your head on backwords dudeā€¦

Of course they wonā€™t.

You donā€™t bite the hand that feeds you.

Because they canā€™t. My information comes from a good friend who ran a portion of a large sheriff;s department on the west coast. He told me that union contracts basically gag them from comments on the departmentā€™s relationship with the union and mostly about what they can say about contract negotiations.

I think thereā€™s an awakening that the status quo is guiding many in the black community in the wrong direction. The violence in inner cities from the minority youth is disheartening to the families of which they came. Thereā€™s no progress and in fact, much is moving the wrong direction and many in the black community are awakening to this truth. This is what Candace Owens is leading and promoting. Sheā€™s young, vibrant, educated and aware of whatā€™s going on around her and what has led up to this? If there truly is a movement back to conservatism, I for oneā€¦will thoroughly enjoy it and would assist in this on my local, community level. Itā€™s the right thing to do and itā€™s the right time to do it. Things have gone the wrong direction for long enough and the resultsā€¦are now being fully exposed if your eyes are open?

Good post, albeit a little passionate for a Newton fan. :wink:

Yeah we saw how polls worked out for hillary in 2016. I can imagine that still stings libs to this day.

The blue wall? What the hell is that? Is that something that the black mayors, police chiefs, captains, lieutenants, and sergeants have set up? Or is it simply something they ignore?

1 Like

Three strikes laws, mandatory minimums, qualified immunity, lock 'em up and throw away the key philosophies in general have been pretty much universally adopted by law enforcement agencies throughout the country. All have brought us to this point we are at today in some measure or other. Who is to blame for that?

People who wanted to reduce crime. I canā€™t assume there was a hidden agenda.

1 Like

Exactly. Our policing problems were brought about in large part in a non partisan fashion.

Democrats.

In some cases

Nixon coined the phrase ā€œwar on drugsā€ and got the ball rolling.

Sorry. But the idea of being able to pick up some legal smack from your pharmacy is dopey. Or so to speak.

A quote from John Erlichman of Watergate fame and Nixonā€™s top advisor in the war on drugs;

The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what Iā€™m saying? We knew we couldnā€™t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders, raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did.

Heā€™s dead. Right? :roll_eyes:

Times, they are a changin.

You think our police problems just happened overnight? It took a long time to get this ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up and it wasnā€™t caused by one side or the other. Virtually everybody in power shares in the blame as well as we who supported them. We the people got what we demanded, you included. If you ever voted for a democrat or republican you took part in it.

1 Like

Crawling over broken glass to support BLM and protest presidential thuggery.

But sure, the black people are going to vote for The Donald.

"It was JuanCarlosā€™s first time in D.C. The couple and their three adult children drove 2,000 miles from El Paso, Tex., in two vehicles to join the protest.

ā€œWe saw the phony photo shoot the president did, and he started tear-gassing people ā€” peaceful protesters ā€” just for the photo shoot,ā€ he said. ā€œThatā€™s what really ticked us off, right there. That did it for us. That was like the last straw.ā€"
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2020/06/07/dc-protests-sunday-george-floyd/?rand=7

Why do you think 1+1=3? What you said, does not add up? The broken glass is in lib cities, run by lib politicians, calling the shots for decades implementing lib policiesā€¦and this is the results of their leadership. They own this my friend and those there see it for what it is. Now watch and observe how this November election goes? The proof is in the vote. :sunglasses:

1 Like

There is a second part thatā€™s also very interesting thatā€™s raising itā€™s ugly head againā€¦and thatā€™s the R never Trumpers. Come one, come all and raise your hands high. Be politically braveā€¦and watch your political career come to a screeching halt. Notice that those currently in office will be much quieter than those whose political career has endedā€¦and no longer at risk. What a bunch of chicken doo-doos. :sunglasses: