Democrats move to enforce a protective news bubble around the VP pick

A coalition of Democrat-supporting women’s groups sent out a letter to news bureaus around the US to make it clear that unflattering coverage of the VP pick is not permitted. Violators risk being labeled as racist and/or misogynist.

Here is a summary of restricted topics:

Reporting on ambitions and relationships in an unfavorable way.

Likeability is off-limits.

Personal appearance has to be treated the same that of as men.

Reporting questions of eligibility and qualifications.

Reporting on heritage in an unapproved way.

Unflattering pictures when angry.

https://twitter.com/rising_serpent/status/1293363112104665088?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1293363115053199365|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.zerohedge.com%2Fpolitical%2Fwe-will-be-watching-you-dems-put-media-notice-avoid-racist-tropes-such-angry-black-women

“We intend to collectively and individually monitor” coverage according to the letter.

It looks like the New York Times has heard the message loud and clear. The ran a glowing spread with a large photo of Harris taking most of their front page. For comparison, Mike Pence rated a small article in the bottom corner when he was nominated:

https://twitter.com/MattMackowiak/status/1293394984218107904

As far as enforcement of the protective bubble, consider that Harris has called for a ban of Trump from Twitter.

She later clarified “what we’re talking about, because this can go into some abstract, law school debate but the reality of it is, we are talking about Donald Trump weaponizing Twitter in a way that could result in real consequence, including death, and we have to take that seriously.”

I suspect that Google, Twitter, Facebook, etc. will be the main enforcement mechanism. They will make sure that breaking the bubble results in defunding, unfollowing, shadow bans, buried search results even if they avoid outright bans.

Is big sister is watching?

Will Democrats move to codify the informal censorship if they take control of the government?

someone wrote a letter, people do that every day.

2 Likes

People with inside connections to the corporations that can choke off discussion if whenever they choose.

The threat is not just name calling.

2 Likes

who wrote the letter? do you have a name or just some random tweet.

And the ACLU position on 1st Amendment rights violations are…?

The names are at the top of the letter. Right after “From:…”

1 Like

some random no-buddies.
I doubt Fox or anyone else will care.

Over 800 tweets about “fake news,” countless “fake news is the enemy” quotes, questioning the revocation of broadcasting licenses, banning reporters, threatening social media companies after misleading and false posts were removed, threatening and berating individual reporters…all perfectly fine.

A group saying they will monitor how a woman VP candidate is portrayed by the media…the end of times is nigh.

:roll_eyes:

13 Likes

Meh, they can get their panties in a twist when no one pays attention to their dream list.

Maybe they can loot a Victoria Secret in protest.

Karens.

1 Like

I’ve read the letter. They are simply asking for what they consider to be fair coverage, outlining a list of bullet points at how, from their perspective, coverage of women has been unfair in the past.

Nowhere did I see anything being not “permitted”.

Lib duplicity yet again.

And libs here dismiss it with a handwave.

Nothing new.

That’s because none of them took the time to actually read it. Just went by the tweets and headlines of their favorite sources. Even if it is read now, they’ll continue to argue it says something it doesn’t. Never admit you were wrong. It’s apparently a sign of weakness.

3 Likes

Quote the parts you find especially horrible.

3 Likes

Don’t worry, Eric Trump already retweeted that she was a “whore”. You guys can say whatever you like.

2 Likes

How do you know that?

I agree. They have a point. Kamala Harris can have the exact same treatment Sarah Palin had.

5 Likes

Does anyone know anyone else who may have picked a bone every now and then with how the media covers them or their interests ?

Let’s say, just off the top of my head - someone who may complain about the media being unfair to their 85 million Twitter followers ?

1 Like

Well, let’s hope.

By the way, by today’s standard, the threat is strongly implied in the last two paragraphs. And codified.

Amateurs. They should do what Trump did - threaten to pull their license.

2 Likes