Democrats are getting nuttier by the day. What is wrong with you people?

How about you use some reading comprehention skills. Can you point me where in the article it says Democrats are responsible for this?

Lol, you don’t even know what reading comprehension means if you think they actually has to mention Democrats.:joy::joy::joy::joy:

please inform us who would the liberal Govenor appoint to Oregon’s Education board if not Democrats.

1 Like

If you don’t care about it, move along.

But I am interested in knowing why I should care about it.

Is this against the rules?

Mod Note

Trolling is. Get on topic or move along.

Part of the toolkit includes a list of ways “white supremacy culture” allegedly “infiltrates math classrooms.” Those include “the focus is on getting the ‘right’ answer,” students being “required to ‘show their work,’” and other alleged manifestations.

If true, some pretty insane ideas are seeping into schools. You could care if you don’t want our educational system damaged by turning everything into race instead, in this instance, of teaching mathematics.
Why should you care about anything political or societal or cultural? That’s up to you. Some dont.

That is a Democrat state and no reasonable person would mistake these ideas for Republican based ideas.

2 Likes

And yet you can’t show me any of that.

LOL

Like I said, the title of this thread needs to be changed.

They didn’t say math was racist.

They did say that the way math is taught…which is a totally different thing altogether…is not conducive to learning for students for whom English is not their first language. And yes, they called that racism…probably they meant racism like “error by omission”…not overt racism deliberately designed to keep minorities down. Or maybe they did…who knows?

At least I think that’s what they were saying…there was a lot of “education-speak” in there which made what they were trying to accomplish very difficult to understand.

To me, that definitely speaks to folks in “ivory towers” somewhere over-engineering a solution to what I know is a real problem…but over-engineering it because most of them have probably never set foot in a classroom in their lives.

Well, except to get their PhDs which let them sit in ivory towers.

You do realize the flaw in this type of reasoning, right?

If math were racist, we wouldn’t have landed on the moon. lol

1 Like

Fake news

You’re right, they didn’t say mathematics was racist. But if there’s any truth to the claim they said something along the line of focusing on finding the right answer is a symbol of white supremacy, I don’t see a vast difference…focusing on finding the right answer is pretty much the reason for mathematics.

But, I do get your ivory tower over-engineering point, I just don’t think that rules out the idea that they have ■■■■■■■ issues.

1 Like

No but nice try.

A. It’s in Oregon
B. Oregon dept of education.

One has as much chance finding a Sasquatch in Oregon than a republican in Oregon that works at the dept of education.

2 Likes

We wouldn’t have prescription drugs, houses, roads, flight, or anything that requires engineering.

What idiots, it also to me sounds like they are the ones being racist by thinking black people aren’t capable of addition so let’s just say mathematics itself is racist. I thinks its demeaning to black people as it openly looks like they are trying to lower the bar.

3 Likes

They don’t seem to have a problem with math when it comes to adding more taxes.

2 Likes

Standpoint epistemology as espoused by Patricia Harding.

Originated in Hegel’s master-slave dialectic, although Descartes is also in there.

Like when white libs say voter ID is racist because black people don’t know how to get a license. lol

2 Likes

Actually, it’s about racism in mathematics INSTRUCTION.

Here it is the latest from New Psycho Math

4 Likes