Democrat Recession Hoax Just One of Many

Obama caused him to lose all his houses.

2 Likes

The “deep state” hoax is old and boring. Find something real and tangible to blame for the failings of your party and leader. Like the actions of your party and leader.

oops

The annual coal production report, released today by West Virginia University’s Bureau of Business and Economic Research, shows the recent uptick in coal production will be short-lived.

1 Like

You’re blaming Obama for making bad business decisions?

Like what Trump’s tariffs are doing to America’s breadbasket?

So? The republicans run the Ohio, West Virginia, & Kentucky, the subject we were discussing. Wasn’t talking about Pa, Mi, or Wi. Nice try though…

No, I’m blaming him for destroying the Tri-State area economy here deliberately & for no good cause. Most everyone here knows it too. I’m really getting weary of the lying about me from people who don’t know anything about what they are talking about, but, typical from the left making fun of those they ruin, & placing the blame on those they harmed. It’s ok, my one consolation is this area will never vote in another Democrat. Much of the local democrat office holders here have switched parties, LOL.

The tariffs are tough on the farmers, but China is stealing from us every day. Every day. They block their markets from our products & expect us to keep buying from them. You want to keep going with that, do nothing? They are using the profits to build their military to levels never seen from them. Should we continue funding their military?

What’s your solution, or do you just hate Trump so much that doesn’t matter?

I prefer we switch to other nations who are not our enemies to make cheap crap for us, or maybe make it all here & create jobs & have higher quality. How do you feel about that, or do you just hate Trump & don’t care?

Everything about “the greatest economy this country has ever seen” (still waiting on the metrics for that one, btw) has been ephemeral and is now entering a slowing phase that may or may not end with recession.

Even our energy boom is going to be ephemeral.

The bulk of the growth the last five years or so has been from fracked wells.

Fracked wells are notoriously short-lived- they ramp up quickly and then also decline quickly.

There is no way to know whether future reserves of energy can be exploited fast enough to make up for the decline of these reserves. So the US’ current reign at the top of the energy markets may well be short-lived.

And this is the problem with both our economic and political outlook. People make decisions…economic and voting…by and large on the very short-term notion of “keep the party going”.

No one ever stops to think of the long-term consequences of doing that…indeed those that do are mocked by people saying “Man, you are SUCH a bummer. Can’t you just enjoy it that things are great right now?”

So Maher hoping for a recession to get rid of Trump means what…beyond what Maher thinks. He’s a single person. I thought we didn’t like broadbrushing.

People offered other ways of doing it…mostly involving coalition building and collective pressure on China in concert with our allies.

These were pooh poohed for reasons i can only describe on “it doesn’t seem manly enough”.

So we got Trump’s zero-sum “it’s us or them” approach where “America First” rapidly turns into “America Alone”.

Which is a FAR more rotten deal than actually working collectively with the rest of our allies.

But working multilaterally is hard work and also it requires America to not have to be the “top dog always flexing its muscles”.

I can see why that approach can be unappealing to Trump and many of his supporters.

Frankly I think the zero sum “dog eat dog” worldview is depressing and unsustainable, but oh well…

Yeah, just throw away all those jobs because in YOUR opinion they are short lived. Mmmmmmk…
Oh, BTW, there is at least 300 years of coal in the ground here now, we have more oil than Saudi Arabia, & there’s a lot more than that in Alaska where Obama kept blocking drilling.

An oil discovery was just made in the west that is likely the greatest oil find presently on earth. I know, family members own a small fraction of that find & are getting royalties that are growing substantially. They are already partly in production with several more wells planned. But hey, the sky is falling, we are running out VERY VERY SOON (well, in 300 years or more). So, let’s just abandon all that huh?

Please signal your intention to have a constructive discussion by actually reading what I wrote instead of assuming you know what I wrote and arguing against that.

Exactly what did I say that did not address your incorrect rant, & what did I say that is not true?

Raise your hand if you were both fine during Obama’s Recession, and will be fine in the future.

Yeah? What was it the coalition builders wanted to do exactly & are they actually willing to follow through, or just pay lip service like they have for 20 years? They didn’t even want to build their own military as agreed, as allies, & was insulted to even be asked to actually do what they promised.

Apart from that, you are making false assumptions as to the attitude & intentions of the present plan seemingly to me because you just hate Trump & anything he does is automatically opposed & the worst of intentions is projected on him & his supports from the left. If we said the sky is blue the left would find a way to find fault that we aren’t taking a diverse view of it, & should take a more collective and inclusive approach, it’s skyaophobic, & bigoted.

What did you say that was incorrect?

You provided confirming evidence for my statement that anyone who looks beyond their immediate time frame is just being a bummer, man.

I know about the Permian find. I know enough about oil production history to know that while it is indeed a large find and will be an energy boon, it will neither pan out to the rosy most optimistic future that the people touting it are espousing nor will it last anywhere near as long as people predict…because the way we estimate how long an oil reserve will last is inherently flawed- but it’s the one we have so it’s the one we use.

This isn’t pessimism…this is realism borne out by actually studying how things work rather than taking cheerleaders’ word for it.

This flaw, along with other reasons, mostly economic, are why we do not, in fact, “have 300 years of coal left in the ground”. Nowhere near it.

But again…one must actually study something to understand it.

Or one can simply believe the people that say “Rah rah- the party is going to last for-EVAH!!!”

Yeah? I worked drilling for oil, also lived in the oil field for 13 years. I’m not talking about the Permian. This is new. Northern Alaska areas that are virgin finds was off limits under Obama was opened up by Trump, & just how short lived do you think the fracked wells are? Some of them are, but what’s your idea of short? 100 years? The finds I’m talking about aren’t short lived.

The left lies that there is very little coal left because they don’t want it used. Nothing new for the left lying about resources they don’t want used. They find leftists “experts” to say anything they want them to, write an article, & it’s widely reported by the leftist media as truth, just like all the hoaxes listed in the OP.

There is 300 years of coal reserves. There is long term oil reserves discovered recently as well. The left just doesn’t want it extracted, & will do anything to stop it.