Democrat op-ed proposes "vote reparations"

The proposal in The Nation is to double count votes from Blacks and Native Americans. Effectively everyone else would have half a vote. It looks like the Democratic Party is going back to its Jim Crow roots, and some are openly supporting racial discrimination to deny voting rights.

Are the recent “irregularities” with fractional votes and alleged movement of votes between candidates simply a first step in the reparations plan?

In the Jim Crow era, the Democratic Party had white-only primaries in several states, and the party supported laws that greatly restricted voting rights based on race. Are they headed towards a similar solution today to assure one-party rule throughout the country?

2 Likes

Brandon Hasbrouk is an assistant professor at Washington and Lee University School of Law.

He shouldn’t be allowed near a classroom. An entirely silly idea that will never go anywhere.

So, this a thing? Are there democrat legislators actually proposing this?

No?

Democrat not Democrats…

1 Like

Republicans propose Martial Law…

See how that works?

3 Likes

Leading Democrats are openly supporting packing the Supreme Court, packing the Senate with statehood for DC, Puerto Rico, and possibly other states, and abolishing the electoral college. They have also stated that election of another Trump needs to be impossible.

“Vote reparations” is a convenient way to formally legalize what big-city Democrats have been doing for many years. I am sure they could appoint enough justices who would agree.

Where There’s Smoke, There’s Fire: 100,000 Stolen Votes in Chicago | The Heritage Foundation

2 Likes

Where have any leading Democrats proposed having black votes counting twice?

There is a big difference between adding supreme courts justices and adding states to the union which has happen a few times in our nations history vs. the end of one man one vote.

Allan

California recently passed a new law to establish a reparations task force:

Bill Text - AB-3121 Task Force to Study and Develop Reparation Proposals for African Americans.

I see nothing to eliminate vote reparations from the consideration. Leading Democrats have said “everything is on the table” if they take control of the Senate and the presidency.

2 Likes

No where is 2 for 1 votes mentioned in that proposal.

The title of the Nation article says otherwise. Here is an excerpt that is very specific:

. . . there’s another way to undo the damage of the Electoral College and other structurally racist political institutions: We can implement vote reparations by double-counting ballots cast by all Black residents. . . Vote reparations should also extend to Native Americans.

The proposal is to use a blatantly racist system to fight “systemic racism”. Sounds like par for the course for Democrats.

1 Like

One journalist has a whack job idea and suddenly it’s set in stone that the entire democrat party supports it and it’s as good as passed legislation. This place is a never ending source of laughter. :rofl:

1 Like

Professor. That’s what’s being taught. That’s the scary part.

1 Like

Got a copy of his lesson plan?

Republicans support Texas leaving the USA.

1 Like

Should he be considered mainstream or labeled a nut job and eschewed? This professor won’t face any career or academic ramifications for such a ■■■■■■■■ idea.

I’d like for him to show me this:

Because white votes currently count more than Black ones, double-counting Black votes would restore electoral balance.

I want to see the math. I didn’t notice anything on my ballot last month asking if I was white and stating as a result how much my vote counts for.

Is it appropriate to say that Republicans support Texas leaving the USA?

Should this guy be voted out of office for such an idea?

I’d like to know what the qualifications are for being able to cast a vote that counts double. DNA analysis to verify blackness? Or go the Family guy route?