Dem Leadership Tries to Appear Woke - Gets Blasted for Cultural Appropriation

Nancy and her ilk tried to look “woke” by taking a knee, and wearing kente cloths. But it backfired on them.

Further proof of how tone deaf these politicians are.

“Excuse me, Democrats,” she continued. “Don’t treat Africans like we’re children. These fabrics and these colorful things that we have within our culture and tradition, they all mean something to us. I know you look at us and you say, ‘Oh, Africans are so cute in all of your colorful dresses.’ Well, some of those dresses and patterns and colors and fabrics actually do mean something to us.”

That was stupid for em to do IMO…talk about insult.

1 Like

A perfect example of cultural misappropriation and systemic racism within the DNC. These people should apologize, then resign.

2 Likes

I hope the Democrats reply - when you stop acting like children, we’ll treat you like adults.

Huge Irony Alert.

2 Likes

Author Obianuju Ekeocha posted a video telling Democrats to stop “virtue signalling” by wearing African cloth in the Capitol.

:rofl: “Virtue signalling” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

There is more Kente fabric in this picture than at a Ghanaian traditional wedding.

Who is this woman?! I’m in love!

2 Likes

#metoo

1 Like

1 Like

Yeah, they look silly. I don’t care* about what twitter users are upset about; how is that remotely a news story?

1 Like

Also, if comment sections are now newsworthy, what does the headline for the Fox comment section look like?

1 Like

90% of what we get from any news source is not “news”, and 1/2 of the rest is fake

1 Like

Just silly, cringe worthy

It’s racist.

You don’t know the definition apparently.

This isn’t racist.

Now tell this black man what racism is… I’m ready

I see…assuming only Blacks know what racism is.

So why are other Blacks blasted/ridicule em for it?

Or is it you speak for ALL Blacks?

2 Likes

Black man isn’t the arbiter of racist. This white man was a much, much smaller part, by an order of magnitude smaller, of a minority than you will ever be. Prohibited by law from owning a company in my chosen profession and routinely turned away from businesses because of race.

Racist - a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.

It is also white privilege.

1 Like

For me that pandering is worst kind of racism IMO.

But hey…I don’t speak for Blacks.

No different than wearing blackface.

2 Likes

We define what is or isn’t…

Same reason I am… it was stupid.

Nope.