Deficit Soaring Faster Than Expected

Once again, Conservatives do exactly what they accused others of doing…this is aCult of Personality. Trump is their Messiah.

I read it… It’s a bunch of conflating BS… = faker news…

The CBO won’t make an assumption that is grounded in good statistical and objective evidence.

Although they predict a bump in GDP as a result of the tax cut, it is short lived and only blunts the cost of the bill, not paying for itself.

I’m not declaring to know the future, but if history is our guide then the deficits will continue to rise. I make decisions based on data. If you want to stick with assumptions and hope that’s your decision but I think that’s unwise.

Do you have the math on that?

I don’t see how another 2 points of growth would neutralize these deficits.

Also, the CBO current projection, and the projections of conservative economists you are citing, looks at the letter of the law, which means the middle class cuts expire. You think that is gonna happen?

Sounds like a lot of hope and change.

2 Likes

There is no assumption to stick to. As you state, no one can know the future. GDP growth will either hit a sustained 3% or it won’t. We will see.

Depends. A DEM controlled Senate, House and WH might just let that happen. Otherwise, I believe they will become permanent at some point.

No assumption to stick with? I’m referring to this:

You literally defined the assumption I was referring to.

This is why it’s so hard to talk to you when you seemingly cannot remember what you wrote mere minute before.

You say that about everything that doesn’t agree with your warped sense of reality.

Right - me too.

So that means the deficit is greater than stated. All projections are currently based on existing law, which includes the sunsetting of many of these cuts.

Yep. Only so big a number can be stored 64 bit we better get to that overflow fast

Because Trump is cool, that’s why!

look, we get it cratic. Things you don’t understand=conflating bs=faker news.

They are taking the known and predicted rise of the deficit based on the boomers retiring and pretending, it’s the tax cuts… They know how to fool you guys. Because of your ignorance with economics and history…

Like I said before…

Your inability to grasp the concept is no one’s fault but yours. It’s OK to admit you just don’t understand-we already know you don’t get it.

So much winning!

1 Like

You know, we can see that you just make it up as you go along.

I remember the posters here who screamed that they were Tea Partiers.

They tend to post in these current debt/deficient threads.

More news… we’re having to borrow the most money since 2008.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/us-on-track-to-borrow-most-money-since-2008-financial-crisis-report/ar-BBLjgQC?ocid=spartanntp

Incredible. On a rate of deficit spending on par with one of the largest economic meltdowns ever.

The next downturn is going to be really painful.

1 Like