DEEP TROUBLE AT THE DEEP STATE: Pompeo Says ‘It’s True’ John Kerry Violated the Logan Act

Originally published at: DEEP TROUBLE AT THE DEEP STATE: Pompeo Says ‘It’s True’ John Kerry Violated the Logan Act | Sean Hannity

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo slammed his predecessor on Fox News this week; saying “it’s true” that John Kerry has violated the Logan Act with his ongoing talks with top Iranian officials since leaving the State Department.

“It’s true. I was there in Munich … I saw not only Kerry … [others] met with the Iranian leadership,” Pompeo said during an appearance on “Fox and Friends.” “It’s unusual, but more importantly, it’s wrong,” said Pompeo.

“Every American should support America’s foreign policy. They had their moment, they had their day, it’s time to get off the stage. We all know the Logan Act, we all know the risk that is taken when people act as private citizens on behalf of the United States government,” he added.

President Trump slammed Kerry’s ongoing relationship with Iran while speaking with reporters at the White House this week; saying he clearly “violated” the Logan Act.

“You know John Kerry speaks to them a lot, and John Kerry tells them not to call. That’s a violation of the Logan Act, and frankly he should be prosecuted on that,” Trump told reporters at the White House.

“But my people don’t want to do anything, only the Democrats do that kind of stuff. If it were the opposite way, they’d prosecute him under the Logan Act,” he said.

Watch: Trump says former U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry "should be prosecuted" under the Logan Act for interfering with potential negotiations with Iran: "Plain and simple, he shouldn't be doing that." https://t.co/2Ejtn8R7Wu pic.twitter.com/3LCaXJ1g8A

— Newsweek (@Newsweek) May 9, 2019

Kerry made global headlines last year when he admitted to continued contacts with Iranian officials, saying “What I have done is tried to elicit from him what Iran might be willing to do in order to change the dynamic in the Middle East for the better.”

Iranian officials reportedly ordered a massive increase in the production of enriched Uranium this week; openly defying the Trump administration as tensions between Tehran and Washington rapidly escalate.

“Iran has quadrupled its production of enriched uranium amid tensions with the U.S. over Tehran’s unraveling nuclear accord, two semi-official news agencies reported Monday, an announcement that came just after President Donald Trump and Iran’s foreign minister traded threats and taunts,” reports the Associated Press.

“This follows days of heightened tensions sparked by the Trump administration’s deployment of bombers and an aircraft carrier to the Persian Gulf over still-unspecified threats from Iran. While Trump’s dueling approach of flattery and threats has become a hallmark of his foreign policy, the risks have only grown in dealing with Iran, where mistrust between Tehran and Washington stretch back four decades,” adds the author.