DEEP STATE PANIC: Trey Gowdy Says Brennan, Comey 'KNEW' Dossier Was Used in FISA Scandal

Originally published at: DEEP STATE PANIC: Trey Gowdy Says Brennan, Comey ‘KNEW’ Dossier Was Used in FISA Scandal | Sean Hannity

Former Congressman Trey Gowdy slammed top DOJ officials over the weekend for using the now-debunked Steele Dossier to obtain FISA warrants during the 2016 presidential election; saying John Brennan and James Comey Knew “full well” the material was highly questionable.

“I mean people use the word dossier and how such an official sound to it. I mean let’s just call it for what it is. It’s a series of rank hearsay compilations put together by an FBI source who was later defrocked. Paid for by the Democrat National Committee then oh by the way Christopher Steele hated Donald Trump too so that we can call it a dossier. It sounds official,” Gowdy said on “Sunday Morning Futures.”

“It’s really something the National Enquirer would blush if they printed so we know that it was used four times by the United States government,” he added.

“What we’re trying to figure out is whether or not it was used a fifth time and the intelligence assessment and you got Brennan, Clapper and Comey all three who know full well whether or not it was used in the intelligence assessment but… they’re giving you different versions, right,” Gowdy said.

Gowdy’s comments echo similar statements the former legislator made on ‘Hannity’ last week; saying he wants to know how the FBI and DOJ “assessed” the material before using it in FISA applications.

“What questions would you like answered?” asked Hannity.

“This is the fourth person in charge of investigating the origins of the Russia probe, so I’m more interested in how quickly they do it and how effectively they do it,” said Gowdy.

“There’s an easy roadmap to follow… I want to know the origins of when the bureau began to intermingle the Trump campaign with the Russia probe. What are the origins? Then I want to know how the FBI assessed Christopher Steele; they have their own internal documents,” he added.

Read the full report at Fox News.