Decoupling From China Already in Motion

Yet you’ve had two negative quarters in a row and it looks like you’re about to have one or two more along with blowing the budget deficit up.

Welcome to global dependency.

1 Like

Did the USA have a recession during the GFC?

Make wet markets cool again.

1 Like

Emphasis mine.

Which is why they shouldn’t be rewarded. Companies are starting to recognize the folly of doing business with mainland China because their supply chains can be easily severed. Some think that this is just by the will of the US, but in reality the cheap Chinese labor model is unsustainable.

3 Likes

Should have been done with Puerto Rico during Maria.

4 Likes

Australia was bought and sold by the Chinese a long time ago. They’ll be stuck in their abusive relationship for a few more decades at least.

5 Likes

Companies should not have been over there from the get go. Moving to China on the cheap instead of staying here and actually employing and paying Americans a fair wage. America was great because we actually made ■■■■ , we need to get back to this.
I think we should keep great relations with China in regards to trade and maintaining international peace.

7 Likes

I agree.

We need to be smart about which business sectors to outsource and which to keep in house.

decoupling is great… the plan for high speed rail across the Pacific was never going to work…

1 Like

The Chinese have been slowly buying their way into much of the world including our own hemisphere and particularly Africa.

It’s time we go back to a Pre WWI mindset when we looked both East and West and said, “Stay out of our Hemisphere”.

The first step should be my “Economic Compaq of The America’s”.

In a decade or so we can reasonably have a similar standard of living from the Arctic to the Antarctic Ocean as the US and Canada Enjoy today.

We would be the strongest force Economically that planet has ever seen with a work force of 500-750 million and most of the world’s available natural resources and agriculture.

No country or combination of countries could touch us.

End result? China goes bankrupt and reverts back to 2nd/3rd world status because they lose virtually all exports to the US and our money.

Bring as much of our Critical Manufacturing home to US soil from China and as much of the rest of it as possible to be redistributed in our own hemisphere establishing a level of peace and prosperity in this hemisphere never before imagined.

This would end our problems with drugs from the south, the cartels would be broken, end our problems with illegal immigration, no longer worth the risk with so little for them to gain.

Imagine how that would reshape not only our country but the entirety of “The Americas”.

3 Likes

I’ll bet we’re headed for a North American Union of sorts down the road.

1 Like

Has anyone actually read the article. This is not a trend in which manufacturing re-locates back to the United States. The trend is moving manufacturing to Southeast Asia in pursuit of cheaper wages. The only change in the trend recently is that article reports increased interest in moving jobs to Mexico.

You’ve got to get beyond the headline to know what is going on.

1 Like

Absolute nonsense.

The Australian government really is absolute nonsense, correct. Just like that joke of a PM Australia has. What a loser. lol

Who is the PM? Do you need some help googling the answer?

Last I heard, she was:

We were headed that way prior to WWI. We need to pull back and get serious about itt instead of doing the job of the Euro’s protecting their oil supply and former colonies.

So we are to accept your commentary about Australia when you can’t even get the gender right? Laughable.

I don’t mind being the EU and AUS’s big daddy protector, so long as they pay for our protection properly.

If they don’t? Maybe China is gonna be looking for a new punk soon. :man_shrugging:

Getting funnier post by post.