Death Penalty - The Right to Choose?

Execution by state.

Unless you know what anoxia is you would have no idea what is happening to you. You would know something bad however is happening.

Have you ever been above 12,000ā€™ or submerged long enough to be on the verge of passing out?

Only after conviction by a jury of their peers.

You asked the question, did you not want an answer?

Your answer is that the government is just the executioner, itā€™s the jury that passes down the sentence?

Yes, that is how it works.

Yes, something bad is happening, they are being executed. Painlessly and WITHOUT gasping for breath.

You failed to answer the question.

What are the symptoms of anoxia?

I have been over ten thousand feet and nothing happened. The feeling of holding your breath too long being submerged is the bodyā€™s reaction to the build up of CO2, NOT to a lack of oxygen.

Canā€™t speak for other conservatives, but as you can see, I have conflicting feelings on the matter.

10,000ā€™ is not the line, 12,000 is.

What are the symptoms of anoxia?

Sorry to get yā€™all bickering about the semantics part, but Iā€™m glad this conversation about alternative methods is being discussed. This budding young scientist is intrigued.

What matters here are the symptoms of breathing pure nitrogen. They are, in order;

Lightheadedness, giddiness, impaired judgement, dizziness, fatigue, impaired vision, weakness, tingling and numbness in limbs, decrease in motor control, euphoria, unconsciousness and death. It doesnā€™t hurt, and you rarely get the feeling thereā€™s something wrong.

No bickering hereā€¦

To the bolded the evidence doesā€™t exist to support such a statement.

Anoxia is what kills you, not the nitrogen.

The symptoms of anoxia are.

mood and personality changes
memory loss
slurred speech or forgotten words
changes in judgment
trouble walking or moving your arms or legs normally
weakness
feeling dizzy or disoriented
unusual headaches
trouble concentrating
Other symptoms may become noticeable after your brain has been without oxygen for more than four to five minutes.

These include:

seizures
hallucinations
passing out or suddenly losing consciousness

To be clear, I donā€™t necessarily advocate for the most humanely possible death for capital offenders, Iā€™d be fine killing them in the same manner they killed their victims or worse.

The public in general though is getting more and more squeamish on the subject every year.

Iā€™m fine with your NOS idea. Put them to sleep and then ā€œput them to sleepā€.

I think if weā€™re going to have the government carry out executions in our name, they should be mandatory viewing for anyone of voting age.

So much for freedom.

In Texas,

In jersey we stick them in a nice jail cell for life.

In a jail built in 1798. Nice and comfy way to spend the rest of your life.

Allan

In Sixfootā€™s situation the murderer would normally be sentenced to life without parole. He could choose to be executed instead however. In that situation, I could see allowing the self condemned to choose their method of going out.

I prefer the noose for criminals over the firing squad. The firing squad is a more honorable way to go. But I guess a truly guilty person seeking redemption by offering themselves for execution would have regained some honor in that situation. In that case Iā€™d be cool with the firing squad method for them even if they committed a heinous crime.

That channel would crush the cattle feed networks in ratings. lol