Dealing with depression, mental illness, and the sadder aspects of life

I love to garden. Each new veggie that came out was cause for celebration, lol.

I’m glad you have that joy in your life.

1 Like

Thanks. I have everything in the works to try to get a medical cannibis card. If that don’t work out I guess it’s back to Klonopin.

Thanks so very much. It is true. Each new pepper, each new tomato, each new little cucumber is a joy, like the way I would feel with each Christmas gift a a young child. There is a difference in that we planted, and tended, and toiled for those little joys.

:wink:

It truly is a shame that medical marijuana is still being fought in many circles and so chaotically managed where it is available. I am fairly certain my wife could greatly benefit from it if it was as available as so many meds that aren’t helping her. Meds that are just chock full of nasty side effect.

Good luck with your efforts.

Thanks Lou. I appreciate it. You’d think the doctors would want me off of benzodiazapines (SP?) - we’ll see.

1 Like

I don’t think long term use of benzoes is ever a good thing, although I don’t think doctors are as strict on that as they should be. Maybe if it’s a small dose or only used intermittently. I know it’s rough with panic attacks, though. I hope you can find some peace.

Thanks Lucy. Just the fact that I have started a process now to get what I think will help me in the long term gives me a little peace.

1 Like

I’m so glad you got your little garden going. I was afraid to ask because I thought maybe you weren’t able to get it going what with your pain. Good luck with everything!

My garden is slow this year. We were still getting blizzards in mid April and I usually have cool season stuff in the ground by then. But it’s coming along…

1 Like

Yes, that’s always helpful. I don’t have panic attacks, but I have a tendency to get caught up in long-term situational anxiety episodes. It’s so difficult physically.

I wish you luck with that. Thanks.

Thanks. We were about 10 days after typical last frost getting our garden out. Not too bad. It was looking iffy there for a while. We have also been having very wide temperature swings here, very cool at night and not as normally warm in the day.

I had to delete another “friend” because of a political disagreement and she wouldn’t quit calling me a bitch and as I found out recently, talking behind my back (while she accuses me of doing the same and pretending she’s innocent). My friends circle seems to be getting smaller and smaller.

Actually I didn’t just delete her, I blocked her. The problem is, we have mutual friends and the damage is already done.

I had to cancel my Face Book account because of all the Right Wing Snowflakes in my family and their friends who could dish out their Right Wing and Trump Loving screeds but got seriously butt hurt any time I countered them.

It was amazing how many of them, numbers of them who were friends of family members who had also sent me friends requests, who got extremely nasty with me simply for correcting the record.

It got do bad that these Snowflakes went whining to my family members that I was mean, and in turn those family members went to my wife to whine about me, so she in turn came to me. To make it all go away I just cancelled FB.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Oh, they had no problem attacking others, but Lord have mercy, how dare they get fact checked.

1 Like

I can relate.

1 Like

It seems like nobody can debate respectfully. When people have nothing else, they have to resort to name-calling and all that other stuff. I think the election of Trump has brought to the surface what has been boiling underneath for some time.

Oh no doubt the election of Trump has brought many undercurrents of all sorts to the surface.

I was respectful on Facebook. I was never the one who would get personal. I could not understand how people could post things their and not expect others to differ with them. Especially since so many of them had no compunctions about trashing what I might post or what others might post?

I admit I am a little, sometimes a lot, more aggressive or strident here in my posting, but I kind of feel the audience here is less fragile.

1 Like

I’m in a similar boat here. I think medical marijuana would help me a lot, but my psychiatrist isn’t too eager to prescribe anything but the usual stuff. Right now it’s a mix of Effexor, Buspar and Abilify. Which in fairness does seem to be working, but with a potential side effect. I’ve been a littke more jittery lately. I can’t seem to sit still, can’t get comfortable, am tired all the time but can’t lie still to fall asleep.

With weed, the voices in my head are quieted and I get to relax. With this current mix, I don’t get to relax. Worse of all, I live in a legal state but it seems like it’s harder to find now than ever.

I was on effexor, made me be in a constant state of enhanced angry.

Not a good place for me to be since I have been quick to anger all my life.

They put me on buspar, Zoloft, Prozac - none helped me . Then the put me in Paxil - I don’t think it does anything for me but I’m scared to death to go off it because of the side effect of going off.

Klonopin definitely helps me but why take a benzo when weed does the trick. Not all weed - the Sativa is not good for me - I have to do indica.

Maybe you could ask your psychologist about cannabis with a high cbd and low THC.