Dealing with depression, mental illness, and the sadder aspects of life

Flame,

Sorry for what you’re going through. Sucks when people are harsh for no apparent reason. I hope she snaps out of it.

Shrug off the lab quiz. I blew my 4.0 my sophomore year when my brother’s cancer came back with a vengeance and attempted suicide. It turned out ok. Better than ok.

You got this.

1 Like

Thanks, Six. :hugs: Fortunately I got all my math taken care of. There will still be some here and there (like the Hardy-Weinburg equation in Genetics, and the k of a and b equations in Chemistry) but other than that, I’m good. I appreciate the offer though. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Not for me… lol

For the rest, if you’re stuck on something, spark up a chat in the CC about the topic. I’ll bet you we’d all fall over our search engines trying to get you the resources you need to breakthrough a barrier.

1 Like

<3 Thankyou.

1 Like

Don’t let one quiz score get you down. It’s a new environment and and you’ll get into the swing of things very quickly.

I’m sorry about that one person. Can you get involved in dorm activities that will get you involved with other students there and just bypass her as much as possible?

Someday she will look back on her actions and feel shamed. It’s cruelty.

1 Like

Reviving this thread for those who might need it or wish to return.

I kind of skipped over a lot of responses in this thread.

First, I hope you are doing better. Remember, God knew you before you were born and has a purpose for you.

■■■■■■ parents, etc. are all part of your foundation. And do remember, your parent’s are not perfect, okay?

I tell my son, “your dad loves you with 100% of what he is capable of”. Which means, his dad has a lot of priorities that never included him but did love him as best as he could.

“Forgive us our tresspasses as we forgive those who tresspass against us”

I remember my son broke a very valuable vase one day. He was terrified as to what he had done. I asked him “did you break it on purpose?” He said, “NOOOO”.

I said, “Then help me pick up the pieces and please try to be more careful in the future”. He wasn’t even in trouble.

Most people do what they do out of good intentions. Even if they are misguided.

Even so, toxic people with good intentions have to be removed from you life for you to keep moving forward and not dragged down.

Discernment comes with age, my dear, and with a heck of a lot of scars.

I am at the age where I could not care less who is in my life or who isn’t. I don’t need approval from anyone except from those who’ve earned my trust and even then I mull things over.

You’re young and I’m sure you’re tired of hearing that but the old addage “with age comes wisdom” is ever so true.

We’ve all taken a hell of a lot of beatings to survive to the age we have and still move forward.

You are really not any different, my friend. :wink:

1 Like