Dealing with depression, mental illness, and the sadder aspects of life

Maybe you could start a thread/topic on this?

I’ll second that. I love reading and learning about history, I’d be down for a thread like that.

I do too. But I like the weird and unexplained. Why do some people see ghosts? Maybe some just have the ability to tap into an extra dimension.

Already did. Not that I don’t blurt about it every chance I get though. lol

You started a thread or you saw a ghost?

I started a warm up thread for people who want to dip their toes into the deeply remote past.

There is a certain straight line you can draw across the globe, and by the time you complete the circle, you will have passed over virtually every single megalithic ancient monument on Earth. :slight_smile:

Can you recommend some good jumping off points to start reading about some of the things you’ve mentioned?

1 Like

Just checking in on everyone. Therapy is going well, as is my fledgling podcasting career.

5 Likes

I started having panic attacks when I was around 20 years old. I’m 60 now and I thought I had it licked but they just started coming back. I think it was the Klonopin that finally helped me - after taking it regularly I could do the simple things that made me panic, like driving down the beltway to see my family, not having my heart race being stuck in traffic.

After taking klonopin for a year or more I was able to stop taking it - I got used to doing the things that scared me. I even drove all the way to the ocean by myself (3 hours away).

In the years that I was stable with the panic attacks I also smoked weed. It calmed me down. I’m pretty sure I always had the strain that calms (sativa vs indica - can’t remember). I even felt relaxed the next day without smoking (I only smoked at night). But the strain I get now is supposedly called sour OG - a mix. This stuff isn’t good for me - I think it started the panic attacks again.

My doctor put me back on klonopin but I am trying to get medical cannabis in MD. I’ve applied to the mmcc and have an appointment with a doctor. I’m thinking if I had something with a high CBD and low THC it would help me.

However, I don’t think panic attacks are an approved condition in Maryland for a prescription. The initial doctor visit will cost me 200.00. I was honest about everything on the form and they accepted the appointment. I am wondering if they are having me come in to get the 200.00 just to tell me I can’t get cannabis in MD for my condition.

I don’t want to go back on the klonopin regularly again so I am crossing my fingers. Life is hell with panic attacks. I just want to live a normal life again.

2 Likes

Indicas are the calming ones, as long as the THC isn’t too high. Also, CBD by itself is calming, and you should be able to get hemp CBD online.

Yeah, the place that is trying to get me set up mentioned that they have whole plant CBD.

Good news.

Thanks for the update!

1 Like

Just checking in myself.

My wife has had a rough time of it this past year, so far, but it seems, for now, her problems are in better check.

She scared me good a couple weeks ago when I found her collapsed on the kitchen floor.

Ambulance call and an overnight stay in the hospital. Appears she was extremely dehydrated and had taken some medication on an empty stomach and delivered herself a one two punch.

She seems to be bouncing back well. Keeping mindful of staying hydrated and eating better. My turn to nag her a little about taking better care of herself.

:wink:

Other than insane levels of racking pain from all the work I have going on around the house and yard, I am doing okay.

Our little garden expanded some. We planted more veggies in 5 brand new 5 gallon buckets. Some watermelon, some cokes, some beans, and some zucchini. Also put some radish seeds in the cinder block raised bed. We have at least 7 tomatoes on three out of 4 plants. Several peppers going to town.

It is so satisfying seeing a garden grow. It doesn’t take away the pain, but it makes it all worthwhile.

I have never had a green thumb. Oh I helped in my grandparents gardens when I was little, but I just didn’t seem to have the knack. Still don’t know if I do? But when I sit in my gardening chair, and see the plants growing, I can’t help but think some of their talent did rub off on me after all.

:smile:

1 Like

Your doctor needs to review your condition, monitor your health and all of the things they are required to do for an appointment. A person could be honest on their form that they are seeking pain killers. That doesn’t mean the Dr. is going to prescribe them, but they may refer you to pain management.

If you don’t want to go on-line, local smoke shops can be very helpful as well. I know several in my area carry different strains with low THC.

Good luck. I hope you can get the panic attacks under control!

I love to garden. Each new veggie that came out was cause for celebration, lol.

I’m glad you have that joy in your life.

1 Like

Thanks. I have everything in the works to try to get a medical cannibis card. If that don’t work out I guess it’s back to Klonopin.

Thanks so very much. It is true. Each new pepper, each new tomato, each new little cucumber is a joy, like the way I would feel with each Christmas gift a a young child. There is a difference in that we planted, and tended, and toiled for those little joys.

:wink:

It truly is a shame that medical marijuana is still being fought in many circles and so chaotically managed where it is available. I am fairly certain my wife could greatly benefit from it if it was as available as so many meds that aren’t helping her. Meds that are just chock full of nasty side effect.

Good luck with your efforts.

Thanks Lou. I appreciate it. You’d think the doctors would want me off of benzodiazapines (SP?) - we’ll see.

1 Like

I don’t think long term use of benzoes is ever a good thing, although I don’t think doctors are as strict on that as they should be. Maybe if it’s a small dose or only used intermittently. I know it’s rough with panic attacks, though. I hope you can find some peace.