DEA Marijuana Scheduling Lawsuit Will Be Appealed To Supreme Court Following Dismissal

Prohibited on and off at their convenience no less.

1 Like

Just another example of bureaucratic control. Infantilizing the citizens.

Over a dozen states will likely be voting to “legalize” cannabis for recreational use this year. Over 2/3rd’s of the individual states have already “legalized” cannabis for recreational and/or medical use.

A plant that has been around for millions of years before our species ever walked the Earth, filled with nutritional compounds that every system in our body have specific receptors for.

Patient in one state, criminal next door.

1 Like

I like central government nullification.

1 Like

Trump should grab weed and single payer and run off with the election.

“I’ll have those kids voting Republican for 200 years!”

2 Likes

That’s exactly what seems to be happening here.

What would happen if every state “legalizes” cannabis while the federal government prohibits it? What then?

You would see how impotent centgov is with out the consent of the governed.

Guns are next!

1 Like

I’m all for legalization, just not giving it to children or people with developing brains. While we’re on the topic of marijuana, hemp, another derivative of the cannabis plant, also serves as a useful material, from going into lotions to making ropes. Marijuana is quite a useful drug, hence my support for legalization.

note I would rather keep it medical, because if we go recreational, people are going to be driving stoned. I would prefer to keep car accidents to a minimum. :slight_smile:

Anecdotally I think the Texas pot/cbd testing kerfuffle that pretty much accidentally legalized pot in Texas is a year old and helped a lot of the old hats here realize they’ve been wasting a lot of time and resources on nonsense. Neighbors like Oklahoma have dispensaries within sight of the state line with parking lots filled of TX plates. Feels like the snowball is really rolling here now.

Missouri had a similar quagmire with the 2014 Right to Farm Amendment. By its wording, it labeled cannabis and hemp as a product we all have the right to cultivate. It took the state supreme court to put an end to the challenges in court. The very next year, we had medical cannabis on the ballot and it won by a 2/3rd’s majority.

Recreational is 0 - 4 years away here, depending on federal activity and our current dispensary program’s ability to get up and running.

? What happened?

Here it was proving which was psychoactive and what wasn’t. Field test kits became irrelevant and lab testing too expensive.

I like to imagine who and when that first "oh ■■■■ " moment hit:

Was it a bumpkin sheriff catching a kid with a bud, happy with his bust until the kid said “it’s hemp, sir”?
Was it a first year DA assistant running the errands of sending off a gram bag of evidence to get tested when he got quoted a $10,000 bill?

It happened somewhere, that moment. And it was historic.

Really? I wasn’t aware of that? Gotta link?

Not really The Supremacy Clause is pretty clear.

And they are all in direct conflict with The Supremacy Clause.

But not with the Amendments, and the fed is losing this fight.

Under the treaty signed in 1961, marijuana is a schedule 1 drug. Last time I looked at the treaty, my interpretation was it could be moved in what schedule it’s under, but can’t be removed from the schedules listed in the treaty.

Now if it’s other parts of my post.

Congress can suspend or repeal a treaty through legislation.

And there have been two time that presidents withdrew from treaties that the supreme court refused to hear a challenge on.

There is no amendment you can cite that the courts are going to agree with.

Every challenge to Federal Authority over Drugs has failed.

They have effectively declared the 9th and 10th “moot”.

I get your motivation but I don’t see where there’s a chance in hell the courts will agree with your position.

Thanks, I had never heard this.