DE BLASIO’S NYC: New York to Charge Commuters $11.50 to Enter Midtown Manhattan, Trucks $25

Originally published at: DE BLASIO’S NYC: New York to Charge Commuters $11.50 to Enter Midtown Manhattan, Trucks $25 | Sean Hannity

New York City commuters and workers from across the region will soon pay a steep price to enter midtown Manhattan, with Big Apple officials confirming over the weekend they plan to introduce “congestion pricing” to help off-set the massive MTA operating budget.

“Motorists entering Midtown Manhattan below 60th Street will be charged a toll, which is anticipated to raise more than $1 billion a year for the city’s ailing public transit system. A panel of experts will set the surcharges by the end of 2020, but sources told CBS2 drivers in cars will pay around $11.50 and truck drivers around $25,” reports CBS New York.

Congestion pricing is the solution we need to deliver New Yorkers the mass transit they deserve and reduce NYC's traffic. Add your name:https://t.co/XqGoNanMh0

— Andrew Cuomo (@NYGovCuomo) March 27, 2019

“I work in Manhattan a lot and I don’t mind paying for it to get in there and if it helps congestion, even better,” said one commuter on Long Island.

“That’s crazy. I can’t imagine doing that. But I have to see my mother and it’s something that would greatly impact me,” added another.

Read the full report here.