DAY FIVE: Trump Tells Dems NO CHANCE of Budget Deal ‘Until We Have a Wall’

Originally published at: DAY FIVE: Trump Tells Dems NO CHANCE of Budget Deal ‘Until We Have a Wall’ | Sean Hannity

President Trump doubled-down on his proposed border wall funding over the Christmas holiday; telling Democrat lawmakers there can be no budget agreement until left-wing legislators agree to fully finance his border security initiatives.

The President was speaking with reporters at the White House Tuesday when he was asked when the federal government would re-open for business following Friday’s partial shutdown.

On Christmas Day, Trump doubled down on border wall demand.

"I can't tell you when the government is going to be open. I can tell you it's not going to be open until we have a wall, a fence, whatever they would like to call it." https://t.co/U5G4mTZ3ei pic.twitter.com/VCnjUJCe16

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) December 26, 2018

“I can’t tell you when the government is going to be open,” Trump said. “I can tell you it’s not going to be open until we have a wall, a fence, whatever they want to call it.”

“It’s a barrier from people pouring into our country,” he added. “It’s a barrier from drugs.”

Watch the president’s comments above.