(D)omestic Terror in Atlanta

Well, the peaceful protesters are at it again in Atlanta. They are setting construction equipment on fire at the construction site for the new police trailing center.

Atlanta’s future police training facility ‘Cop City’ set ablaze

3 Likes

(D)omestic terrorism charges. Whaddya know. :rofl:

3 Likes

I thought we didn’t have any domestic terrorism laws?

2 Likes

I hope they spend a lot of time behind bars. Sounds like these spoiled, imported rich kids need a lesson that mommy and daddy never bothered to teach.

1 Like

Looked it up, it’s a Georgia law.

from https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arrests-atlanta-cop-city-protests-raise-concerns-domestic-terrorism-ch-rcna67755

But in a number of states, including Georgia, domestic terrorism laws include a wide variety of offenses outside those motivated by hate.

Because the Georgia statute “focuses on conduct that is intended to intimidate the government or to affect the government in any way,” Keenan, the law professor, said, it is “especially vulnerable to politicized use.”

1 Like

Conviction carries a maximum sentence of 35 years in prison.

Can’t wait to see how long they have to serve. :+1:

1 Like
3 Likes

This is from the independent journalist Andy Ngo I introduced to Hannity Land years ago that the left hates because he exposes the lies being told by the fake leftist media. Enjoy!

Maybe I’m wrong? Will the fake leftist media show this today? :sunglasses: :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Hey morons, that’s Georgia, not Portland, enjoy your stay in their prisons.

7 Likes

One of them was a staff attorney with Southern Poverty Law Center. Will they now add themselves to the list of domestic terrorists? :rofl:

6 Likes

“Protests”

1 Like

Yep those mugshots looks about right, a bunch of white bratty stinky Antifa probably still living with and off mommy and daddy traveling state to state to riot for social Justice.

4 Likes

I’ve said it many times and I’ll say it again: there’s no such thing as a poor communist.

3 Likes

Unlike federal laws on “seditious conspiracy”, which are of course completely different and never bothered NBC or those law professors when used against Capitol Hill trespassers who didn’t burn down anything.

:rofl:

Yes, the federal charge of “seditious conspiracy” is a completely different crime than Georgia’s “domestic terrorism” law.

And the same argument can be used against it being for political purposes as can be made against a law called domestic,terrorism. Of course it’s not the same law Doctor Obvious.
But won’t be…unless some leftist is charged with seditious conspiracy.

Some leftists have sense to realize another administration could use this same law against themselves.

3 Likes

What “argument” is that?

Do you think 18 U.S. Code § 2384 is a new law?

(Lawfare is not in any sense a “leftist” blog)

1 Like

The argument being made against the anti terrorist act is that the statute “focuses on conduct that is intended to intimidate the government or to affect the government in any way”. Now, read the seditious conspiracy act. As I said, the same argument could be made about it.

As to the length either has been a law, that has no relevance. A law that is a week old is just as enforceable as a law that is two hundred years old.

1 Like

Who is making that argument?

You missed my point, by a mile. I’ll put it another way

Do you think “leftists” have never been charged with “seditious conspiracy” by you guys(c) before?