CRUZ SELF-QUARANTINES: Sen. Cruz ‘Self-Quarantines’ After Physical Contact with Coronavirus Patient at CPAC

Originally published at: CRUZ SELF-QUARANTINES: Sen. Cruz ‘Self-Quarantines’ After Physical Contact with Coronavirus Patient at CPAC | Sean Hannity

Texas Senator Ted Cruz confirmed Sunday that he will self-quarantine for the next week after coming in contact with a Coronavirus patient during the annual CPAC event.

Today I released the following statement: pic.twitter.com/XGXEa4ozcg

— Senator Ted Cruz (@SenTedCruz) March 8, 2020

“I’m not experiencing any symptoms, and I feel fine and healthy,” Cruz said in the statement. “Given that the interaction was 10 days ago, that the average incubation period is 5-6 days, that the interaction was for less than a minute, and that I have no current symptoms, the medical authorities have advised me that the odds of transmission from the other individual to me were extremely low.”

1. I am announcing that I, along with 3 of my senior staff, are officially under self-quarantine after sustained contact at CPAC with a person who has since been hospitalized with the Wuhan Virus. My office will be closed for the week.

— Paul Gosar (@DrPaulGosar) March 9, 2020

“President Donald Trump and Pence — who said on Saturday that he had not been tested for coronavirus — attended the conference. So did several administration and Cabinet officials, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, HHS Secretary Alex Azar, Meadows and two of the president’s children, Ivanka Trump and Donald Trump Jr,” reports Politico.

Read the full report here.

Source: Politico