Covington Catholic high School throws the MAGA kids under the bus

Here is the official statement from Cov. Cath.

We condemn the actions of the Covington Catholic High School students towards Nathan Phillips specifically, and Native Americans in general, Jan. 18, after the March for Life, in Washington, D.C. We extend our deepest apologies to Mr. Phillips. This behavior is opposed to the Church’s teachings on the dignity and respect of the human person.

The matter is being investigated and we will take appropriate action, up to and including expulsion.
We know this incident also has tainted the entire witness of the March for Life and express our most sincere apologies to all those who attended the March and all those who support the pro-life movement.

The Diocese of Covington and Covington Catholic High School

What they fail to do is to identify what the kids did wrong. They had better have all of their crap together before they trash their own students. And they had better have more info than the edited video that the political websites are using. This could blow up in CovCaths face bigly.

1 Like

“We” are not. What you do is your business.

2 Likes

Clearly the Catholics have gone to far they shouldn’t even be a tax free religion anymore.

Again. You are probably going to have about as much luck with this as you will with your arson squad. By my count, you’re 0 for 2. But hey, go for it if you think it will fly.

Your the one claiming this is somehow going to blow up in their faces when it wont, unless your talking about some angry mom yelling at the PTA meeting.

Wrong, Nope. I did not say this. I said it COULD blow up in their faces. Which is quite possible if they continue to slander their own students. I don’t think that the parents spending big bucks to send their kids to this school want their kids sacrificed in the name of political correctness.

And, BTW. The tuition to CovCath is 8 to 10 thousand dollars per year. So it’s a little more complicated than an angry mom at a PTA meeting. Doncha think?

It wont blow up in anyone face, Catholic Church will avoid at all coast getting into a public fight over this why they apologized in the first place.

second the Catholic Church isn’t hurting for money so much that a few mad moms are going to get them to do anything.

What slander? What the kids did is reprehensible and everybody knows it. Slander involves untruth.

1 Like

This isn’t the problem of the Catholic Church. It’s this particular school. The Catholic church has not been involved and probably wont be. The way I see it they will need to do one of three things.

1. Suspend the kids without any evidence of wrong doing(which could cause a massive with drawl from the school).

2. Apologize to them for the slander.
    or

3. Ignore it and hope it goes away.

Thoughts?

1 Like

The Catholic Church is involved since its their school, You don’t think the Bishop called and told them to apologize to save the image of the Diocese. School made a public apologize it doesn’t matter what the “Truth” is only what the Media are saying and the Church isn’t going to go to war over this.

If anything the Diocese is going to get in ■■■■ for taking kids to a political rally in the first place.

Not a chance. There is zero chance of a Catholic organization getting grief for going to a pro life rally. Ain’t gonna happen.

The church is very strict about not getting into governmental politics.

The church is very strict about being pro life. I’m guessing that you have many examples where catholic organizations have been disciplined for showing up at pro life events? Let me look it up for you. Oh, I found it! The number is zero. Just stop it. I like debating you. But your agreement is beyond silly.

What?

Not a Catholic, but the last person here who cares if someone else wants to practice the oldest Christian faith.

Those in charge of the school condemned the behaviors of the students.

The problem is…?

1 Like

Priest get in trouble all the time for preaching politics.

Okay. I’m sure that any day now the punishment will be announced.

The problem is that the kids were just standing there smiling when they were approached by the drum beater. That seems like a hell of a thing to punish someone for.

Teenage bully thugs are cool, eh?

The one mom is already blaming black muslims for her own darling thug’s behavior. We’re not dealing with parents who would ever admit to their kids being at fault no matter what…welcome to the world of private schools with entitled students.

Was looking for some videos on YouTube of this rally.

I couldn’t find any that showed aggressive behavior towards the tribal peoples. The staring down by one student was unsettling, but aggressive? I don’t think so.

In one video I cannot link due to f bomb in video, one of the tribal peoples tells a teen to “go back to Europe. This is our land.”

I’m sorry, what? Those kids probably never have lived anywhere but Kentucky. Probably if a black kid was told to return to Africa or immigrants to return to their country, that would be considered unacceptable, so why it it O Z to tell that to someone who was probably born and raised in Kentucky?

There was inappropriate behavior on both sides, IMO.