Covid question for an expert... thoughts?

not really. cloth masks do not prevent covid spread, that does not mean droplets of spittle that some covid particles adhere to don’t get sucked back in that otherwise would not due to the mask.

Regarding #3 - Headaches may be due to a number of factors, the stress of wearing one when you don’t want to, the tension on the ears, if you press on the nose etc. I have been wearing a mask for 30 years for at least 4 to 6 hours a day, there isn’t any long term dangers of wearing one.

Regarding #4- Face shields were popular at one point but a few studies have shown the benefit to be marginal or even harmful.

2 days a week. You weren’t wearing it golfing. :wink:

1 Like

We have learned things in the past year and a half

apparently not

let me know when they do a study to prove this wrong.

i hadn’t seen it before, but evidently this senior doctor has the same or similar concern i do. which of course means i’ll be withdrawing my deferal to torey’s knowledge and go back to… we don’t know

I love this one.

2 Likes

So you can make an unequivocal medical claim that for EVERYONE who is wearing masks and gets headaches daily that WILL NOT RESULT in chronic problems (i.e. migraines, etc.) for them later in life?

1 Like

If headaches occur, they are likely tension headaches.

According to the American Migraine Foundation…

Some people complain of headaches from their face masks. These headaches are not due to lack of oxygen or a buildup of carbon dioxide. Some people develop compression headaches from the tight bands that secure the mask to their heads. Others may develop migraine because they are not keeping well hydrated or are missing meals while wearing their masks.

Seems like a reasonable take on the subject.

Well, this expert says that hurricanes are more complicated if you’re not vaccinated.

3 Likes

From your link:

“If you develop headaches from the tight bands that secure your mask, try to limit the duration you wear the mask. You can also experiment with different types of masks or goggles that exert less pressure against your head.”

In other words, getting headaches everyday isn’t a good thing. Basically I modified my masks so that they are very loose and likely have little to no efficacy. But I do feel better!

You can get a strap that bypasses the loops of the ears and distributes the pressure more evenly along the back of your head.

1 Like

Yes. That little paper and cloth masks have not been proven effective.

We have learned things the last year and a half.

I just feel bad for all the dead people that thought masks would protect them. Glad I never bought into it.

1 Like

But you see… it has.

But I know it doesn’t matter.

The belief will not dislodge itself.

so true, your belief in the narrative thats been proven wrong by science is unshakable.

Well… when I asked for studies and such… I didn’t get anything… so there is that.

your faux request to have me go find the studies that have already been linked and discussed at length numerous times is rejected. we’ve been through this, you’ve seen the studies, we’ve discussed them. every time they come up you cherry pick the denial of the actual data results they include to ensure their grant status with the cdc.

2 Likes
1 Like

I’ve had both Pfizer jabs and other than discomfort at the injection site for a day, no noticeable side effects. I received a Pfizer “booster” and was sick with flu like symptoms for 3 days. If these “experts” conclude another “booster” will be made available for yet another variant? They can kiss my Italian-American arse.

1 Like