COVID Changing the World?

Spoken from an extroverted point of view. :wink:

3 Likes

Same here. My kids in middle school and high school. I hate online classes. The learning is not the same. They goof off more.

1 Like

The online virtual schooling is how parents got on to the CRT being taught in many schools.

Thatā€™s what led to McAuliffeā€™s defeat. :+1: :grinning:

1 Like

Some kids love the interaction and thrive in school, others are better off learning from home. More options for workers and students is good.

1 Like

I am not a fan of the ā€œwork from homeā€ aspect, there is just something about face to face collaboration that doesnā€™t work with online meetings.

1 Like

These Marines and workers should sue the ā– ā– ā– ā–  out of the Pentagon and their bosses. Especially now since Jā€™Biden has admitted the Federal goobermint cannot fathom what to do about Covid.
Lawsuits always get peoples attention.

3 Likes

I agree. Hybrid is the solution. Iā€™m an introvert and being at home for 2 years even has me yearning for face to face, in person contact.

1 Like

I like hybrid option. 1 day per week in office is good option. More than that and many white collar works will reject.

1 Like

Iā€™m hoping that people will trust government less after all thisā€¦and how so-called science experts arenā€™t really experts.

5 Likes

Yes, and the Bill of Rights can be suspended at any time simply by declaring a health emergency.

2020 showed that governors were free to act as tyrants. Biden is showing that the president is free to be tyrant too.

6 Likes

I see this a lot. If we donā€™t listed to scientists, for issues that involve science, who do we listen to? Political commentators?

Sure not libs.

ā– ā– ā– ā–  Marines who defy inoculation orders. Not a one of them were drafted, they are subject to command, and they already signed on the dotted line for countless other shots.

ā€˜Hey, put on a mask at Market Basket and try not to kill your neighborsā€™ is not tyranny.

One thing is for sure the middle class will continue to shrink, just look at the ridiculous prices of housing. I paid around 250k for my house in 2008 now the tax office is saying itā€™s worth around 1.4 million. How many people can actually afford that.

We will become a country where house ownership will be just for those who bought in early everyone else will have to rent at insane prices unless they make big money. I was reading on marketwatch last year that close to 70% of the population said they canā€™t afford a home in the market, itā€™s only went up since then.

2 Likes

Reduced hours for food and retail is here to stay.

Goodbye to late dinner seatings.
Goodbye to regular retail hours.

Businesses scaled back hours due to Covid and labor shortage, but I think they are going to decide that the public is less finicky on consistent hours and will flex away unprofitable hours.

3 Likes

Now corporations are buying up homes. That is going to make things worse.

1 Like

Yup. I donā€™t get that at all. Vaccines have always been part of military readiness. Now itā€™s a big issue. Social media is making people crazy.

1 Like

Pretty easy to impose rules on others.

Why?
ā€¦