Could the mods please not use mod notes to mock honored guests' posts?

Emphasis mine.

There you go again. Tsk, tsk.

I flat out asked you in a pm and here to just spell out what is meant in the Mod Note. Iā€™m still not seeing a simple answer. Thatā€™s all that is being asked.

1 Like

Iā€™m 100% sure it wasnā€™t.

Unfortunately, there arenā€™t always simple answers to every question.

No I really didnā€™t. Please just say what was meant about that Mod Note. One sentence.

How about: This thread belongs in Fever Dreams, but some people are trying to save it, help them do so.

Hard to keep to one sentence.

All Iā€™m asking is that when wearing your moderator hat to act more professional and to be clear in your communications. Silly graphics are not the way to do that. If you want to be silly, donā€™t do it as a mod note. Iā€™m sorry if I offended you with my critique but I believe we are both working towards making these forums a better place.

Iā€™ll give your opinion of my professionalism all the consideration it is due.

Iā€™d hope so, but I suspect youā€™re being ironic.

And the fact that I have to question the sincerity of a mod is problematic.

Trolling is cool when mods do it.

8 Likes

Feeling one upped?

Edit to avoid fever dream.

ā€œTrollingā€ is at moderator discretion.

The gif is meant to be a hint. If you see it, try to reflect on your posts before hitting the reply button and ask yourself ā€œWill this push the thread closer to the fever dreams category, or is it actually a valuable thought provoking post.ā€

3 Likes

We have heard your voices! And we listen!

The graphic will not be used in a mod note by me any longer!

If you see it, you may understand it to mean the thread is on its way to Fever Dreams unless effort is made to save it. Friendly hint. It wonā€™t be in a mod note though.

Is it silly? Yes. I like a bit of silly. What I donā€™t like is official moderator action. It hurts me to have to do it.

@fallenturtle and @LucyLou thank you for addressing your concerns appropriately.

1 Like

2 Likes