Corporate Ministries of Truth

I always have. Glad to see you do now.

I almost want to askā€¦ did you write this as a joke?

So what are you going on about?

Property rights.

The motivation and pressure are a bit of a problem.

Iā€™m not in that camp. Businesses need to be regulated. That includes Twitter and Facebook. I just donā€™t think this new found ā€œDigital Inquisitionā€ battle cry is going to work.

Twitter, like walmart, can kick people out of their ā€œstoreā€ due to simply being a disturbance. Twitter bans bots for being a disturbance.

Bots are persons?

A disturbance to what?

We know what the country looks like when those classes arenā€™t protected. Thatā€™s a pretty compelling reason.

What do you envision if the currently disgruntled crowd gets what they want on social media?

I donā€™t see any way politicians allow this to stand. Wait until some democrats get the ban hammer.

2 Likes

Is it?

Envision? What do you envision if one bakery gets what it wants on Main Street?

1 Like

They are developed and deployed by persons.

Why do you think they would?

Their service. Customer complaintsā€¦ neighbors complaints

So is everything. A degree of separation matters or no?

Because it is going to look really bad if they donā€™t.

Is that whatā€™s happening? Is that the stated reason?

You are assuming hypocrisy will shame them; it wonā€™t. The double standard is justified due to The Cause. Equity. Fight Fascism.

1 Like

Iā€™m a registered democrat and Iā€™m still on Twitter. If I get banned, it wonā€™t be for my politics. No one has.

Not in the digital world.

If I deploy a bot that posts ā€œ#MAGA2020ā€ a million times a minute. Twitter will ban that account. Itā€™s degrading their service.

If I opened the account that is ran by a botā€¦ of course I am liable.

1 Like

I donā€™t know if it is in every case but itā€™s a reason that I am not sure you can regulate to keep.