Corporate income tax collection double in a year dispite large tax cut.. Most since 2015

Somehow you managed to get the impression it was year on year which is why you misspoke.

The lack of larger context is very disingenuous, intended to give an impression that is not true.

And it worked on you.

Even during a recession, we plan on growth. At what point did congress create a budget that planned on collecting less tax revenue.

We could have had -2% GDP growth for FY2018 and still collected more revenue under the previous tax policy than we did with the new tax law.

Just because the White House says it, doesn’t make it true.

Thanks Obama

Most every additional federal budget expenditure that Obama signed into law, are still there. We won’t see the deficit going down until Congress decides to cut spending.

Serious question, will you expect to see any spending cut legislation coming from the 116th Congress, now that the dems will be in control of the House?

Interesting. Can you name any outside the ACA?

When was the last time the budget was cut? I’ll answer for you – never. So continuing to pound the table about something that has never and will never happen is silly. The deficit should go down during a decent economy. Unfortunately, the orange one has blown the lid off. You think the deficit is large now, wait until the next recession.

Are you both trying to insinuate that during the eight years of Obama’s presidency, that no new federal expenditures, programs, or funding increases were signed into law by Obama, which added to the annual federal budget?

Or, are you guys trying to infer that Trump, in just two years, has signed new bills into law, which have created almost a trillion dollars in new annual federal budget spending?

What I am saying, is that past presidents and Congress have added so much new federal spending, and entitlement commitments, to our annual budget, that the only way to bring our deficit down is to start cutting spending, and reforming programs like Medicare and Medicaid to make them more efficient.

Until Congress agrees to do so, our deficit will continue to climb. But spending money, and bloated federal programs means the members of Congress have more power, control, and influence. Getting them to agree to reducing their power and control, is going to be almost impossible.

On a side note, don’t forget that as the Federal Reserve raises rates, the cost of servicing the debt goes up. Obama enjoyed rock bottom interest rates, they are going up under Trump’s presidency.

It depends. Are you talking about discretionary spending or non-discretionary spending?

If you’re talking about discretionary, then that needs to be renewed every year. There’s nothing on Obama about that as he can no longer have any effect.

For non-discretionary spending, I think the only thing I can think of is ACA. Any others?

I don’t feel like spending hours going thru all the increases to non-discretionary spending over the past decade. It’s a bit silly to complain as if rump is solely responsible for the current federal budget, when decades of previous administrations and Congress’ have added billions to the annual budget.

And as i said, a large chunk of money went into simply servicing the debt. As interest rates go up, so will our payments.

Interest Expense on the Debt Outstanding

Trump has been sending budget proposals which cut spending, but congress doesn’t want to go along.

Trump budget cuts: U.S. federal funding 2018 - Washington Post

Trump budget cuts 2019: What Trump proposed cutting in his 2019 Budget - Washington Post

He’s calling for a 5% cut from all departments.

We’re going to ask every Cabinet secretary to cut 5 percent for next year,” Trump told reporters at the White House Wednesday, USA Today reported. The cuts will likely show up in the 2020 presidential budget proposal due to Congress next year.

I never asked that if you. I asked if you could name any outside the ACA.

I agree it’s silly to solely blame Trump, which is why I never do that. Solely blaming Obama is also silly (not saying you did that).

Trump can submit any budget he wants and he knows it’ll never pass. I’ll be impressed when he actually negotiates cuts. That’s the hard part.

Talk is cheap.

2 Likes