Coronavirus Thread Political

So the timeline for each step back then was the same as now?

Probably not since it was apparently 3 years back then and 12 years on average now.

in 1954 they did the largest drug testing trial in history 1.2 million children.
before that the trial where limit to a few thousands.

C J these are critical times in which we may have to act quickly.

I am still frustrated that FDA was trying to pull the plug on Purell hand sanitizer at the end of January for “falsely claims it would work on viruses.”

Again, then don’t take any drug that hasn’t gone through the entire process. Tell your Doctor you refuse.

If this drug is proven to work, that is amazing we are currently in the testing phase.
we shouldn’t give people false hope.

So do you want that kind of testing – 3 years – with a lot of people before a vaccine or treatment is available (even though now it’s longer).

Eww. They do not have real shakes. A giant bag of “product” goes in the top, and they call the stuff that comes out the spigot “shake” .

1 Like

The CDC has no power to change or ignore regulations.

As for your other comment, where did I say cut the states out of the process?

I said a COORDINATED national, state and local response with everyone on the same page.

I would try it.

As usual baloney. Sorry JayJay that is my opinion. You are good, your notions are funny.

Lets walk through some figtures here shall we. Keep in mind we are working with a single vaccine and a single drug.

But lets say 10 drugs.

70% pass the first round. so 7 move to the second.
33% pss the second round. So 2 (2.3 rounded) move to the third round.
25 to 30 % pass third round. so 1 (.06% founded) move to the fourth round.

What are the odds a SINGLE drug would pass that?

(re-posting link for numbers)

https://www.fda.gov/patients/drug-development-process/step-3-clinical-research

I trust the head of HIH? the chief virologist in the U.S that it can be done in 12-15 months

We had an old retired lady that worked there, basically she was the Shake Machine/Ice Cream Machine Whisperer. You did not want to do anything to those machines that would make Joanne mad.

So again . . . I ask you don’t want a clinical study. You want something else done that instead of years will be months?

I want testing.
I don’t want the President to declare the drug is approved for use after watching TV segment,

You only assume he watched a tv seagment.

He may have seen at least two other governments are recommending an FDA approved drug for treatment.

we are talking about the person who live tweet fox and friends.

1 Like

So your saying that is the ONLY information the president has? Really?

Link to part 2 of this thread.