Coronavirus Thread Political

That’s what I was saying…The cow doesn’t get cooked in a damn oven…no matter what. Soup would be a great thing. My wife makes the best homemade soups.

He gets to control the message that way…plus it puts a threat on everyone’s job. IF the medical guys leak stuff, he’ll get rid of them…and replace them with a teamster. No offense to teamsters!!!

1 Like

Yes, it does make it worse.

Maybe he has symptoms. :man_shrugging:

As we’ve seen with light bulbs, chik-fil-a and climate change you are going to have a ■■■■■■■■ of people do things they are told not to out of spite.

https://twitter.com/joshbarone/status/1237757020117368832

1 Like

I feel like this is about me, is this about me? Yes, I’m wondering what took the WHO so long to declare it a pandemic.

Me March 1st.

2 Likes

The doctors should ignore it, explain why they are ignoring it and challenge Trump to do something to them.

Who could they possibly be keeping secrets from… the virus?

A discussion held by our government on how many may die isn’t one that would instill much confidence in crisis management teams if any should be deployed. You don’t want to be a fly on the wall in that room.

My cousin is a pretty high end chef. According to him all high end steak houses start with prime or better and finish with butter.

But to each his own.

1 Like

The problem is that there are some, including some Republican politicians, who are downplaying the significance of the coronavirus. I believe there is a Republican member, whose name I can’t recall, of the House of Reps who had been at CPAC and potentially exposed to it who has refused to self-quarantine. Both Trump and Pence have indicated that they will ignore the advice of medical experts and continue to shake hands. Those examples and a veil of secrecy to me doesn’t seem to be the best way to handle the coronavirus threat.

What threat?

1 Like

When is there not a threat?

2 Likes

Let’s just make it simple. Trump is a terrible human being. To his core. This is likely a ploy by him to preserve his image and viability for re-election. Because if the information from this hearing were to get out it would likely make him look like the absolute idiot that he is. He is the very definition of Malignant Narcissist. He is a dangerously stupid person.

“When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that’s a pretty good job we’ve done.”

Or hearing them talk about which health stocks they are trading or whatever besides grappling with the epidemic. I mean pandemic.

We have no idea what they are talking about and like @Konssurvative1 says that does the opposite of instill confidence. The admin has been criticized repeatedly for faults in the response and rather than own up to a lot of them there’s been a lot of doubling down, false information and bad examples. Look at this handshake stuff, it’s like some sort of ingroup signaling when really it is dangerous and the opposite of what medical professionals have been advocating regarding social distancing. It sucks that this happened on their watch, but it is what it is. The admin needs to be practicing maximum concern for the citizenry versus themselves and their portfolios.

Thanks; that hardly speaks to a pandemic.

Secrecy builds trust

3 Likes