Coronavirus Thread Political II

Our mitigation efforts are in place to flatten the curve faster than if we did nothing

Data help make informed decisions, so long as it is the right data.

Yep. We were going to have cases no matter what. I donā€™t think anyone is seriously arguing that we wouldnā€™t have had any cases.

We are arguing that the cases could have been a lot less, if we acted earlier.

1 Like

Hospital discharges are increasing dramatically as well I just looked at the current numbers and recoveries are have almost doubled deaths. That is a very significant number.

Looking at the numbers again specifically at the daily need cases in the United States they appear to be leveling off at just below 20000 that is incredibly significant.

I donā€™t know perhaps they have poor leadership also?

1 Like

Well isnā€™t this interesting.

But while President Trump has faced criticism from states, like New York, for the short supply, federal agencies have been predicting the need for more ventilators for nearly two decades. Reports from various government offices have been sounding the alarm over the course of at least three successive presidencies dating back to the George W. Bush administration.

As I saidā€¦CDC was unprepared for decades even after using a pandemic to justify their existence and billions and billion and billions of dollars.

Ohā€¦so youā€™re saying the governments that libs want to emulate have poor leadership/goverment too?

Thatā€™s not helping your cause dude.

Want to try again?

1 Like

Thatā€™s the claim.

I donā€™t disagree. ā€œRightā€ data is a double-edged sword. Chasing numbers causes problems, right @JayJay ?

Not possible.

You are really fighting to get this all to come down to some rhetorical gotcha moment that isnā€™t going to happen.

On side noteā€¦were about to come up to with twice as many people that recovered then died.

1 Like

Based on what?

Seriously what are you talking about?

I must admitā€¦itā€™s nice of FOX news to come around to what Iā€™ve been saying for last month. Donā€™t you libs agree?

1 Like

Data models, math, Italyā€¦

Is it possibleā€¦ now bear with me because I know this concept is hardā€¦ is it possible that both Trump and The CDC failed?

I understand the inability to grasp the things that people donā€™t want to hear.

1 Like

Mmmmmmm

Florida may be hit really hard. This could get bad in the southeast. Iā€™m praying for them. Has DeSantis been doing enough?

They only came online last year through Phillips to make ventilators due mid year 2020. I think 10,000 were ordered.

As for Florida with all retired people and nursing homeā€¦it doesnā€™t look good for Fla if they get hit hard.

Getting ready to blame DeSanti are we?