Coronavirus Thread Political II

I’m glad you’re ok as well. Did you test positive? I was hoping I would just so I could give plasma.

Agreed that is why I am so excited for this vaccine. My staff of 120 are split up the middle it seems on they can’t wait to get it…or they won’t ever get it. We are starting an education program over the next several weeks to give them proper and complete education.

I don’t know that it will work.

Sounds like what I had going on in February or March. I am not stranger to headaches. I have a messed up neck from football in highschool…but I had back aches which I hardly ever get. At that time here in Indiana, there were no tests to be had. ANd they took a week to 10 days to get resulted. I had some wheezing from time to time…but nothing more. So I never got tested…but working in health care, I can’t imagine not having it.

I’m pretty sure I got it in early to mid March. I felt like I was coming down with the flu for a few days, but with no nausea, and I had just had the ridiculously bad flu that was going around a couple weeks earlier. And an upscale business hotel is a prime transmission point.

The phantom virus!!

I felt flu like symptoms back around March as well. Also, my father in law’s good friend 82 years old passed away in January of unexpected pneumonia. Was otherwise healthy. At the time, my FIL remarked on how trashy his lung X-ray looked after visiting several days in the hospital with him (his wife showed him.) He said it was just everywhere, not in lower lobes like your typical pneumonia. He said it was like his lungs were full of cement iirc. At the time, we passed it off as older people get pneumonia and die sometimes…

1 Like

Does anyone know if either the Moderna or Pfzier vaccine has preservatives?

If so, this might be a turn-off to anti-vaxxers. Preservatives might translate into mutagens, carcinogens, etc. Basically, the same as processed food. Personally although I’m a pro-vaxxer I would also rather have a vaccine with no preservatives and have it be time-sensitive when it is administered (because if it thaws then it might collect bacteria and other contaminants from the enviornment/air) than for it to have preservatives and produce some unwanted health risks. A lot of preservatives are carcinogens, which bothers me- but I speak from ignorance. I don’t know if the same preservatives that are used in processed food and cigarettes are the same as seen in vaccines.

• I can’t really say that I’d prefer vaccines to be “organic” since viruses are barely living, if at all. Context for this is that some virologists told me in a group online that the idea of “living” actually exists on a spectrum and is not dichotomous. One example, Schrodinger’s cat.

Also, just wanted to point out if it hasn’t already- it’s not so much the virus in and of itself that is so treacherous. It’s the body’s immune response to it- inflammation of the lungs, accumulation of puss in the upper lobes of the lungs and in the bronchii, etc. that causes permanent damage.

That’s also the enigma of the virus. The virus can be overcome easily, as it is fickle (especially temperature-wise), but the body’s response to it may have collateral damage.

I wish people didn’t need the government to tell them common sense basics on how to look out for their health. That’s not the government’s job, yet, here we are. :woman_facepalming:

Better yet, blood banks could also collect the buffy layer of blood from people who have already had the virus and have made antibodies and memory cells against it. Passive immunity is much quicker than active, because the body actually has to fight the virus in order to make antigens. With passive, it’s a one and done deal- it’s the difference between having to eat at home and going out to eat. I guess.

But I think they are already doing that. This needs to be more mainstream. Let the laboratories, medical facilities, and blood banks handle the virus. Leave the gubberment out of it.

I’m not sure I follow the conversation.

Did you have COVID-19 recently? Or is this related to COPD? Usually COPD doesn’t go away on its own? Because the C stands for Chronic.

Can someone please explain to me how the correlation between the recently released Pfizer vaccine and Bell’s palsy forms?

And Toll-Like Receptors. :grin:

Yay transduction! The good news is, pathogenic bacteria are in the same competition for resources such as nutrients, oxygen (if it is an obligate aerobe), thus, if we can increase the amount of residential flora then pathogens really have no chance.

I shouldn’t be getting as excited as I am about pathogens but here we are.

Hey any word on that uv light therapy that some doc posted on Twitter snd then it was posted here

Any updates? Asking for a lung.

Heckuva job.

Fake news.

Since you know of this, can you please tell me what type of UV radiation results from UV light therapy? I’m going to assume it’s UVC but there may be more to this.

With that said, there’s also some more context that needs to be added. Is it a laser being directed into the blood stream through an IV or is it simply being outside?

Light therapy, for example, can be used for liver disorders such as jaundice in babies. You just let them sunbathe for a few hours on their back and stomach every day. Being outside will also do it. The thing is, UVC rays, the highest energy and therefore, the most dangerous, do not reach past the ozone layer, so a “topical” form of it, being absorbed through the skin, may not be a bad idea. On the other hand, if it’s a UV lamp or laser, then that’s a different story. UVC radiation can cause severe burning to the eyes and skin, as well as irritation to the respiratory tract. Using a lamp or a laser can also emit UVB rays; prolonged exposure to UVB rays can cause severe burning, and in hte long term, skin cancer.

And even if UVC and UVB rays are used, short term exposure has many benefits, apparently.

Internal use.

The doctor was describing internal use.

He tweeted about it and everything

Can you show us the tweet that this “doctor” tweeted?

Here ya go

Had an interesting effect on their stock price…