Coronavirus Thread Political II

NJ is opening up next week.

Why yes I am.

Thanks for noticing.

1 Like

Unique. Like a snow flake.

1 Like

And you are?

This is why people don’t trust government. Remember when they shut down the economy and they told everyone the goal was to flatten the curve? Well now that the curve has been flattened in most states the goalposts have been moved. Bigly. Now we are hearing, we can’t re-open because it could spike again. Or we need to wipe out the virus or develop a vaccine first. Why the switch? Why go from flattening the curve to this? Why didn’t they tell us the plan at the beginning?

Here’s the update that you probably have not heard. 100,000 small business have been wiped out and will not be coming back.

There is some evidence that bright sunshine and U.V. light is not the greatest place for Covid to thrive. There is also very little evidence of Covid spreading outdoors. It is being spread indoors. So why close the beaches? To me this defies common sense. Get people outside in the fresh air.

1 Like

:point_right: Say no…to skin cancer? :sunglasses:

1 Like

Aren’t the beaches in Florida opened?

A lot of them are. South Florida and the counties around Miami are not.

PB, Dade and Broward counties beaches closed. Thanks spring breakers, dumb arse drunken ■■■■■■

Now that the grown ups are back in charge and the beer bongs have been put away, they should open the beaches.

1 Like

What about the people who don’t have beaches?

#allintogether

They can stay home and beach about it. :wink:

3 Likes

When the sun shines there’s free vitamin D and UV for anyone that basks in it. Some of us get to do it at the beach (my preference). Thanks to the spring breakers the south Florida beaches were closed. Pissed me off my wife and I enjoy the beach. We have a pool at “La Casa di Riposo” and there’s plenty of sun but the beach… it’s the flipping beach mon!

You don’t remember Spring Break and all those infected up and down the coast? I live in Florida and I would NEVER go to a tourist filled beach even in good times. Lol, last time I went to a Florida beach, my friend and I counted over two dozen different men spitting on the sand. No, even in the best of times, this Florida resident would NEVER step foot on a public beach.

■■■■ the beach! You think the people dying in Manhattan are at the beach!

1 Like

Yeah, ■■■■ the beach. My range is open! :+1:

1 Like

yes it does defy good sense

just one more way politicians can play dictator

Good for you!

Wash your hands, cough into your elbow and stay 1,000 meters from your target.

I think the pols are looking at budget projections with summer tourism locked down…