Coronavirus Thread Political II

Wrong on both counts. The Flu spreads much easier as it is airborne and very persistent on surfaces.

When it’s all said and done the mortality rate of CCCV will be very close to H1N1 on a bad year with approximately the same number of deaths as we had from the flu last year in total.

What it isn’t is the right time for governors to abuse our 2nd Amendment Rights.

Pandemic or not that’s always going to get a big negative response.

If we assume a national population of 360M and accept you’re 1.2% estimate, that would be 4,320,000 deaths in the next month.

Just pointing out what 1.2% means so we can make sure everyone is okay with that.

Given that more than 4 million people are likely to die under your plan, what is your proposal for allocating healthcare resources in the next thirty days. Who gets. a hospital bed? Who gets a ventilator?

If we want to get serious about re-opening the company let’s talk through how it should work from a practical standpoint.

Whether anyone is “ok” with that is irrelevant. The claim is that we would be “doomed” and that isn’t remotely true, it’s nothing but hyper-emotional histrionic nonsense.

As a nation we’ve survived days where tens of thousands of Americans died in in a 24-48 hour period or more when our population was less than half what it is today. Not only did we survive those losses we rapidly became the worlds single most powerful nation and have remained so since.

1 Like

If we want to get serious about re-opening the company let’s talk through how it should work from a practical standpoint.

We already have been. I laid out “my plan” several times in pieces and parts and started an entire thread on the subject two weeks ago.

We are still behind the curve on testing and the goals that are set keep getting pushed back. I think Pence said we would have 4 million tests about 3 weeks ago.
Just 2 weeks ago you said we should be at about a million tests a day by now. Aren’t you disappointed in this?

I assume you’re referring to military battles here?

If so, should we start enlisting people to get COVID-19? Seems like it would be more efficient.

Irrelevant to whom.

The endless fighting to attribute blame for a much lower death rate suggests that the first thing any plan for a quick re-opening has to address is to gain consensus on what is an acceptable rate of casualties.

I can read the law.

There we go.

you can’t cut your own lawn for a month or two?

I just turned the math into an actual number (not a percentage) and suggested we need to figure out if that is acceptable. If this is what the “Liberate” supporters are offering, let them make their case. I was using wild rose’s estimate. I didn’t opt to use a higher one.

All we can do is hope…

That is about 4 million people.

About 1.3 million per month, or 6 times the normal number of people we have dying each month.

We might not be doomed but that would make a HUGE impact.

■■■■ I had sworn you wrote 1.2% in 90 day but you actually wrote THIRTY.

That’s even worse…18x the normal monthly death rate.

Yeah we wouldn’t just shrug that off.

I was more interested in the story that followed…that COVID is causing some patients’ kidneys to shut down.

Another thing that makes this more dangerous than the flu…survivors of more serious illness may be left with lingering issues those that get sick with flu don’t have to deal with.

More longer term health implications.

We had well in excess of 4 million tests long ago. Having X number of tests does not equal the same number of people being tested, it merely means they’ve been produced and distributed.

Unless and until the FDA approves enough private, state, and university labs to get our daily testing capability up in excess of 1 million per day we’ll continue to lag behind.

Shall we simply bypass the FDA entirely? Shall we do as other countries which rushed ahead and approved tests that have 40-50% error rates?

The rapid test that takes about 15 minutes to show you have developed antibodies to the virus has already been distributed to each of the states and now it’s a matter of the states getting them to the testing locations where they are needed.

Ridiculously stupid premise.

So much for that self professed “industry insider, expertise and knowledge”.

These didn’t change my statements in the slightest.

But while I’m flattered my the attention you like to give me, I’m married, sweetie.

:sunglasses:

1 Like