Coronavirus Thread Political II

Or… there could be a coordinated national response to the national health emergency instead of the current clown show that we are seeing.

4 Likes

It has to start at the local and state level.

The Fed’s provide them information constantly and funding for their own disaster programs.

It’s up to them to be prepared.

You cannot have a centralized national response in a nation this size, the closer the gov’t is to the people the better it can serve them.

We have too much landmass, too much diversity in populations, density, geography etc for that central approach to ever be effective.

That’s never going to work nor is it how our nation is structure starting with Our Constitution.

Well for all our money, the largest donor country on the planet, they aided and abetted the Chinese in their coverup and continue doing so to this day by heaping praise on them and holding them up as a shining example to the rest of the world in how they handled this outbreak.

Screw China, and Screw the WHO.

1 Like

You’re not accepting message ATM. You need to change your settings.

Of course there can be a centralized response to a major health and economic crisis.

This isn’t a call for a centralized government, but when there is a matter of logistics and supply chains… of course that can be centralized.

How do you think this proves I wasn’t taking it seriously?

This was the question in the OP of that thread.

Anyone is panicking over Coronavirus being a epidemic here in the U>S.?

I answered that question truthfully.

I don’t panic over things I can’t control.

Not panicking does not equal not taking seriously.

It says I am… ?

No it can’t. What is the distance from your state capitol to your community?

What is the distance from say Omaha Nebraska to your community?

How about if you are in HI or AK? Florida, Washington, or Maine?

You don’t recognize sacasm very well either.

What are you talking about?

The stuff doesn’t have to go to Washington DC first in order to have a national distribution and logistics network.

We don’t do things by letters and pigeon carriers.

Why would distance matter to logistics?

1 Like

Time mainly but also because nobody in DC is goign to have a clue what your needs are locally or at the state level anywhere nearly as well as your local and state Disaster Planners and responders.

We have 50 states for a reason instead of 50 Federal Districts or Regions.

I agree, it seems we are doing it at least a bit better now.

So are you advocating that the central government take control of the supply chain and what would be the trigger?

How do the states pay back the funds?

If only there was some global communications network that existed where localities and States could communicate with each other in order to relay what their needs would be and the timescale that they would be needed and then if only there was a national transportation network onto which those materials could be distributed through a supply chain. But we couldn’t have that. That would probably take like a special tax to ensure communications into the more rural parts of the country and probably years of building roads and bridges and a global communications network where one day maybe people could communicate quickly and easily using video along a series of pipes or webs or something…we will figure out the name later… that would never exist because government could never come up with something like that…

Gah…

I guess we should just have more people die then.

3 Likes

They have that capability right now and always have.

It’s not like the phone lines are cut off to NWS, NIH, CDC, or FEMA, or any other Federal Agency or Department between disasters.

The Governors also get security briefings regularly and if there’s a particular threat to their states they get them in real time.

You just want to blame the fed’s Because Trump is in office for the state’s failures, that accomplishes nothing.

Yes.

1 Like

You should listen to what Cuomo said about this. It was really good.

Brilliant. Utterly brilliant. Well done!

2 Likes

Only if you ignore the fact that infrastructure and ability already exist and have for decades.

Makes no sense, I get them all the time. Just sent you two.

CDC was working with the states and local hospitals from the beginning.
They met with governors on Feb 9 to discuss the problem and what would be needed.
They met with hospitals in early February to discuss an inventory of equipment that might be needed and what was available.
VOX didn’t tell you that?

2 Likes