Coronavirus Thread Political II

Why this ship, would embark on this cruise…on March the 7th…is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever heard but was in part, based on the misinformation coming out of China. All those who chose to do this, must have weighed out the risks and rewards of their decision…and now must live or die with it? Surely Holland America had a back up plan…if everything goes wrong? It’s time to implement that plan.

The information regarding this virus coming out of China early on was so wrong, I now have to question if it was intentional? Why would they do that? Did China declare war on the world?

I can ignore the rest of your tripe. I don’t read breitbart, and you can’t tell me what I think. Stop with your sanctimony garbage.

1 Like

What there’s no doubt about is, China lied…period. They denied it could transfer from one person to another. When you get done with your TDS rant, open your eyes and see the real evil in all of this…and it begins and ends with the Chinese government.

The freaks that pushed the Russian collusion hoax seem to be compelled to argue the facts like where it originated. Obviously a sick game with these people.

Here’s a short summary of China’s lies regarding this pandemic.

I would hope the CDC does not say that until reasonable efforts are made to make sure there’s a test and track regimen in place in those areas that don’t seem “hot” right now.

Because the last three weeks should have taught us that “look there’s only a few cases right now” is a woefully shortsighted attitude to have.

For a sobering reminder:

I call attention to the fact that many people have left the NYC and scattered to different parts of the country. We have no idea if any of them are carriers…it’s probably logical to assume many of them are. So far other areas of the country are only voluntarily asking them to quarantine…which of course does nothing to address all the people they may have come in contact with to get to where they were going.

I call attention to this thread I made where a company used anonymized cell phone data to show how Spring Breakers from one beach in Ft. Lauderdale spread far and wide all over the country after they partied there…including areas of the country that seem “cold”.

Do we all understand now that low number of cases + inability to test and track = potential disaster in the making?

When were we aware that it could transmit from one person to another?

Did China lie about it?

It’s not sanctimony.

I understand regulations around pharma use.

If you think this letter constitutes a problem, then no matter your source, you don’t understand.

It is as simple as that.

When IYO did China come clean and warn the world what it was we were all dealing with?

In mid-January…we had plenty of time to prepare even with their prevarication.

You do realize Trump downplaying this for weeks is every bit as bad as what China did, right?

People rail on China for downplaying the crisis and not telling us everything.

Many of those same people who are railing on China give Trump a pass for doing the exact same thing.

Why?

January 1: The Wuhan Public Security Bureau issued summons to Dr. Li Wenliang, accusing him of “spreading rumors.” Two days later, at a police station, Dr. Li signed a statement acknowledging his “misdemeanor” and promising not to commit further “unlawful acts.” Seven other people are arrested on similar charges and their fate is unknown.

January 5: The Wuhan Municipal Health Commission put out a statement with updated numbers of cases but repeated, “preliminary investigations have shown no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission and no medical staff infections.

I say mid-January…you post something from January 1.

What calendar are you using where January 1 comes later than mid-January?

Or January 5?

January 8: Chinese medical authorities claim to have identified the virus. Those authorities claim and Western media continue to repeat, “there is no evidence that the new virus is readily spread by humans, which would make it particularly dangerous, and it has not been tied to any deaths.”

The official statement from the World Health Organization declares, “Preliminary identification of a novel virus in a short period of time is a notable achievement and demonstrates China’s increased capacity to manage new outbreaks . . . WHO does not recommend any specific measures for travelers. WHO advises against the application of any travel or trade restrictions on China based on the information currently available.”

January 14: Wuhan city health authorities release another statement declaring, “Among the close contacts, no related cases were found.” Wuhan doctors have known this was false since early December, from the first victim and his wife, who did not visit the market.

The World Health Organization echoes China’s assessment: “Preliminary investigations conducted by the Chinese authorities have found no clear evidence of human-to-human transmission of the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) identified in Wuhan, China.

Mid-January.

Still having trouble understanding how calendars work?

The seriousness was known by late January. Trump instituted his China travel restrictions at the end of January. Shame on China for not being forthcoming earlier.

You’re full of feces…admit it.

But Trump spending the next six weeks downplaying the seriousness of the virus being in our country is just fine.