Coronavirus Stimulus package -Last hope for 2020

To agree to bring it up for a vote.

Ah, ok. Yeah, he needs to get on with it. Today.

1 Like

Oh yeah whatever did happen to the genius plan you assured me Trump had to force them to negotiate another stimulus package?

1 Like

It’s working. Read the op.

I love it when the truth slips out:

When asked about her shift on supporting the much smaller package, Pelosi cited “a new president and a vaccine.”

She added that the current proposal “has simplicity, it’s what we had in our bills, it’s for a shorter period of time, but that’s O.K. now because we have a new president.”

2 Likes

I dont know why you think any of that is bad. Seems you just “feel” it means something different.
I took it as “Dont need a bill to last more then a few months since there is now a vaccine” and “We have a new president, so we dont have to get it all done in one go”

Seems right to me.

1 Like

Of course it does.

1 Like

Pretty much my take away also.

Wouldn’t want to give Trump a win. Just wait, take credit for what was done on his watch and call it Biden’s victory.

Playing politics with people’s livelihoods etc. Nothing surprising from that witch.

2 Likes

Except they spent months trying to pass another stimulus Trump could have taken credit for?

2 Likes

And queen Nancy kept saying go big, or we don’t go at all. Now new president-elect and she changes her tune and says – we can do a smaller package. Had Trump been re-elected do you think she would be saying right now – a smaller package is okay.

2 Likes

Sure. A new president that Congress can work with in the future as more and bills are considered.

If you are seeing something sinister it is because you want to.

1 Like

Because Trump told his team and the Senate to stop working on a deal. Then McConnell stepped in a month later when he started to cave

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/10/20/trump-economic-stimulus-pelosi/

1 Like

Can the Senate work with him in the future?

I am seeing a power mad witch who held up aid to drive an agenda betting on winning control of the Senate in January.

1 Like

The Republicans were the one to shut down negotiations in October, not Democrats.

There were no negotiations in October.

Correct. Because Trump had them halted on the 1st. That isn’t on Democrats

There was no negotiations to stop. Pelosi wasn’t negotiating.

2 Likes

Sure there was.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/us-policy/2020/09/29/white-house-democrats-economic-stimulus/

No, there wasn’t. There were offers and rejection by Pelosi.

1 Like