Cops turn sleeping man into Swiss cheese

Most people don’t see it on a hip in broad daylight. Unless it shows up on a phone screen.

Agreed. But the cop said “in his lap” and “see it right there?” as though it were in plain sight. If that’s true, it’s just odd that no one else wouldve seen it in plain sight either.

Unless there’s evidence otherwise, this was a bad shoot.

All I have to do is ask myself. Would I be justified in pulling the trigger on the man in the same situation? The answer is “no”.

Cops have the same right to self defense as a regular citizen. No more, and no less. If a regular citizen would have been arrested for shooting in the same situation then the cops should have as well.

4 Likes

So now the cops are the hoplophobes?

2 Likes

In a lot of cases…yes.

After how many unjustified shootings have you heard them say “we thought he had a gun…”.

Many from both sides of the political spectrum will cut cops some slack. I don’t.

I’ve been in a combat zone where my rules of engagement were “unless they are shooting at you, you are not to return fire”. I’ve never understood why we tolerate looser rules of engagement for police in our own cities than those we demand of soldiers in an actual war zone. If I can be ordered to not fire unless fired upon and live within those bounds, a cop can do the same.

I really don’t care if they “think” their life was in danger, or “felt” scared. If it wasn’t… you aren’t cut out for the job, and you should not be treated special.

2 Likes

I bet that Taco Bell employee that called in the police feels pretty rotten about making that call.

That was my same exact thought as well.

That and edit video raises concerns.

Link to half hour, multi-body camera view police released and narrated video with pre-empting 911 call.

Cop language contained.

We need to address qualified immunity.

Agreed.

We also need to stop treating cops as some special class of citizens who have more of a right to self defense than everyone else.

For others that read this I’ll illustrate what I mean by the above again.

Say I got into a verbal argument with a guy that I thought might get violent. Say he reaches into his pocket and I shoot him because I think it was a gun, but turns out it was his phone.

Why would that send me to jail as a normal citizen, and not an officer? Both our rights to self defense are based on the same thing, yet we expect the citizen to have higher self control and better target identification than the officer.

Less than 100 years ago leftist govts took away people guns and killed nearly 100 million people and enslaved billions more. Those who do not learn from the past…

A cop can shoot him for not raising his hands.

Which is exactly what the police shooting this sleeping guy in his car at a Taco Bell is all about.

Exactly, the left want to remove your guns so they can have more power without facing a revolt. Just like Venezuela,or any leftist land.

History shows this is the most dangerous thing in possible. Million and millions dead, billion enslaved.

Being Black while passed out!

Check!

One other thing I must remember to never do… while I have my legal gun in my lap with one bullet.

Seriously?

While a brown cop is convicted and going to jail for shooting a white woman.
The prosecutor actually said “ you feared for your life? From a blond woman?”

Yeah…
Because blond white women would/should never be viewed as a “threat”.

Gotcha!

<so tired of being black in America.

What in the holy HELL has happened to this place?

I’m a “newcomer”???

■■■???
Someone email me!