Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

I understand and totally agree with you. My sole point is very limited. IMO the police, no the DA, not the court, not the defense, has taken a position of not remaining neutral. Trashing a victim by the employer of a perpetrator, in this case the police department, is a calculated abuse. And no it will probably have no effect on the outcome of the case.

Perhaps its because you haven’t gone on-line and searched for it. You certainly don’t expect WR to do all your work, do you?

The victim wasn’t “trashed” by anyone, the facts are simply the facts.

Nothing relating to the dope found helps Guyger’s case in either way.

She’ll be found guilty of either Negligent Homicide or Manslaughter no matter what his condition was at the time.

If you’d bothered to read the thread you’d know it will take several months to get the full tox report back on both the subject and the victim. Of course, being an attorney you knew this already so why pretend otherwise?

Jean is dead due to a tragic accident and she’s responsible, justice will be served.

My point is selective release of information during an ongoing investigation has a special “odor.” Or let me put it this way … if the police found marijuana in the former officer’s apartment would they have released that information?

“They are also much more likely to let an offender disarm them and beat the hell out of them.”

The instance of the “5’1’ 59 year old female court officer in Atlanta consenting to transport a 20 some year old “6’0” former football playing rape defendant in an elevator without handcuffing him readily comes to mind.

The defendant was Brian Nichols, and he shot this officer & killed four others, including his trial judge. A Christian woman in whose apartment he holed up convinced him to surrender.

His trial had to be moved outside of that tri county area to be fair & impartial as all the local judges knew the slain judge. The film “Captive” depicts this part of Georgia’s history.

One sort of individual I don’t understand is apologist men who sympathize with feminists. One actually told me, “Well, they left her by herself and she would have had a difficult time cuffing him without a partner.”

Then she shouldn’t have been an officer if she couldn’t meet the physical standards. Being stuck in traffic due to a drunk driver, I actually witnessed a short, lean male officer cuff the driver by himself.

A woman can’t do that? She shouldn’t get through the Academy. JMNSHO

What is this “full tox”?

Such a test doesn’t exist.

Since the prison time & fines issued following “Labscam”, where Medicaid & Medicare were billed for tests not ordered by a physician or other authorized provider, such an order as “full tox” would have to be phoned into the professional to see what substances he or she wants tested for.

www.labtestsonline.org for drug screenings that are available.

“…toxicology reports take a long time”

Not diagnostic ones, example someone o d’d & is in the E R. Doctor wants for diagnostic purposes a number of analytes the patient may or may not have ingested. Those can be run stat & out in a few hours.

As for legal, or Chain of Custody, I’ll take your word those tests can take at least a few weeks. However there are other reasons to order COC—for example, job searches & some child custody hearings. Would COC’s for those purposes take the same amount of time?

As for these results being made public, legal defendants & deceased are still patients. Does the public, anyone outside Former Officer Guyger’s ordering agency or defense, really have the right to know?

I don’t know how Texas works but ER / hospital screening are not used in court unless there is no other options. Even then they aren’t considered as valid as legal toxicology done by certified state labs. State labs run by police agencies, at least in my state, have much more stringent standards in terms of quality control, chain of custody, etc.

Blood alcohol results from our state lab take 4 -6 weeks. Toxicology for drugs usually 8-10 weeks. But as you alluded to a tox screen is only of limited value no matter who runs it. Unlike TV you only find what you test for which means you DON’T find what you don’t test for. A lot of the new fad drugs like Spice and Bath Salts don’t show up in normal tox screens. Very special tests have to be done and even then often have to have an idea what your looking for to find it which is why when possibly they often want you to send samples of what you think you have. My state lab doesn’t even do that much. If you think its spice or bath salts the department has to pay extra money to have it shipped out of state to different labs.

New Dallas County DA is leaning toward charging Guyger with murder…

Perhaps as an incentive for a guilty plea to manslaughter. Save the taxpayers some money.

Guy sounds like a lot of Hannity forum and facebook posters by admitting he doesn’t know any facts of the case but he thinks it should be a murder charge rather than manslaughter. Says he’ll look at the facts before deciding but I wonder how much his mind is made up based on his social justice values rather than facts.

Yeah. What would the DA know?

“I don’t know any police reports. I don’t know any forensic reports, but based on what I have seen, manslaughter is an inappropriate charge, based on the circumstances as I understand them,” said Creuzot. “Once I get in there and I get everything in front of me and it appears the most appropriate charge is murder, then that’s the charge we will go forward with.”

If I understand the law, murder would mean she intentionally went to that room with the intention of killing him. They don’t have that from what I know of the case. I’m sure there is a lot we don’t know.
Why would any of this be intentional on her part? She had to know she would be caught.

And as I’ve said many times she could have come up with a better story that would have at least given her a chance to escape charges. But she appears to have told the truth which is that this was a horrible accident. No intent though obvious negligence. Manslaughter absolutely appears to be the correct charge.

Unless you are an ambitious, newly elected DA.

In today’s news, looks like the grand jury has handed down an indictment for murder.

Up next, a not guilty verdict for Guyger. Manslaughter she absolutely is guilty of IMO. Murder is going to be very hard to prove unless there is some evidence that she purposely went and killed Jean.

You don’t have any idea what’s “up next”. No one does.

Is it possible when her trial begins jury can have more than one possible verdict—murder or manslaughter? Acquittal?

I don’t believe she is fit to be a police officer, & DPD fired her. It seems, though, some want her head on a platter & nothing less.

Are there separate correctional facilities for former law enforcement personnel, like police & correctional officers?