Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

I’ll remind you again of your original statement:

In this state an agency cannot investigate itself or it’s officers, the case has to be referred up to the next higher level of LE or directly to the Texas Rangers.

How else would this be enforced if not a state law? Pinky promise? I’ll expand the question… Does this apply to all state crimes committed by an agency or it’s officers? State crimes like DWI/DUI?

CaughtInTheMiddle just did …

Read the first 43 posts of the thread. Geez man lol

1. You clearly do not understand the difference between speculating in an attempt to explain how this incident could have occurred and defending her actions. NOBODY here has done the latter.

2. You clearly do not know what circumstances must exist to classify a homicide as a murder.

3. You have frequently been educated on both points 1) and 2), but that doesn’t keep you from foolishly going on and on about them, does it. Ignorance is forgivable, but deliberate ignorance is not.

Do you think I’m stupid? You think I wouldn’t notice the fact that you didn’t bold the rest of the sentence for proper context? Jesus Christ man. I’m not going to let you insult my intelligence. If you’re not going to be square dealing in your debate, go play games with someone else!

3 Likes

Silly boy. I bolded the part I was referring to. The rest of the quote remains completely visible and unaltered. Chill out.

i just checked and there were a number of Negligent Homiciders last night.

1 Like

Policy, procedure, regulations.

No mention of law in there is there?

Then what prevents a state agency from investigating itself per your original assertion? Do they have to refer every violation of state law to the “next higher level of LE or directly to the Texas Rangers”?

Which of these words are giving you difficulty? Policy? Procedure? Regulation?

None of which REQUIRE an agency to use a “next higher level of LE or directly the Texas Rangers”… It’s a CHOICE agencies make… It’s okay to retract your laughable statement that they are “required”…

All of them can and do. Do you need me to loan you another dictionary?

I’ve already given you examples of when they didn’t… You just made that “requirement” out of thin air…

No you didn’t, you gave examples where that is exactly what happened, the cases were referred to higher authorities for investigation just as I said and pointed out when you attempted to do so.

LMAO… Oooooo… higher authorities… you mean like the DA’s office in each county? LOL…

Like cities, counties, DPS, and Rangers. The DA is not an LE organization.

All cases that are filed eventually go to the DA and DA’s tend to have a lot of input as felony cases proceed but they are not LE agencies.

Then how come we don’t know about the search of the computer records relating to the digital door key? It’s obvious the police released the marijuana records for the sole purpose of trashing the victim. And what about HIS toxicology report — or hers? That’s a search as well.

As you well know, which makes me wonder if your trolling, toxicology reports take a long time. Unlike on TV where results come back in minutes in the real world they take months. As you well know, again why are you being obtuse, results are only rushed in emergency situations.

Botham Jean is dead. Amber Guyger has already been charged. As such there is no exigent reason to get results right away in this case. Before trial absolutely but no imminent need.

There is no conspiracy about these results not being made public yet as they may well not have results yet. In my state even an exigent case takes 2-3 weeks and a non exigent case takes about two months. Its been one month and one week since this incident happened.

I’m responding to a comment. It was not ad hominem. I notice you avoided the issue and jumped to a personal attack. The FACT is evidence was found pursuant to a search warrant. While I don’t know everything that was found and seized, I am confident the majority of what was found was consistent with Jean being an honest man. Yet the police, without court approval (a search warrant is a judicially signed order), decided to make public the ONLY thing that could be construed as a negative against Jean. And what makes it even more sad is that the presence of marijuana is irrelevant, just as irrelevant as having it in his blood. I don’t suppose you can find a justification for releasing the marijuana information … can you?

I actually answered this exact question much earlier in the thread but I don’t think you’ve been around much so you probably missed it.

If the cops hide anything they find, positive or negative to either side, the defense liars, er lawyers, will spin it to ask “what else are the cops hiding.” It would give Guyger’s lawyers ammunition to attack the credibility of the investigators. Don’t pretend I’m making this up. Your a defense lawyer, you know good and well that defense attorney’s will use anything to attack the credibility of the prosecution’s case.

If you look back at my posts in this thread you’ll see that I firmly feel that Guyger messed up badly and was justly charged with manslaughter. My only arguments that could be construed in her favor would be to attack the idiocy of arguments suggesting 1st degree murder or premeditation on her part.

Or to attack the stupid conspiracy theories about coverups. Many have pouted about how they never issued a search warrant for Guyger’s apartment which is technically true. However that was only because she gave consent for her apartment to be searched.