Cop Enters Wrong Apartment, kills Neighbor - No Charges

Not according to those with the authority to make such decisions or those who had jurisdiction over the case.

Start with the press briefings and articles relative to this case.

In this case a cop was the suspect so it had to be referred to the Texas Rangers just as they always are.

The only one even making the probably cause argument is yourself.

I bet there will be some more Negligent Homiciders in big liberal cities tonight.

Oh so you agree the night of, that there was probable cause for an arrest? Lol

Well no ■■■■■ That’s why I started the thread.

Complete nonsense… The Texas Rangers were ASKED to investigate this case, there is no requirement that they do so.

There was probable cause as soon as she called it in and admitted what she did.

Nobody has argued otherwise but still you are obsessed with it.

They only take cases that are referred to them generally when the cop involved is suspected of a crime.

They are the highest level of authority in the state with such jurisdiction.

In other words, your statement that they are required to investigate cases where a police officer is the suspect, was just made up nonsense.

1 Like

The made up nonsense is your own, it’s protocol to pass it up to the next higher authority anytime an officer is involved in such a shooting.

Whether it’s by law or by policy/protocol is irrelevant, it goes up to avoid even the appearance of the associated department or agency engaging in a coverup.

And what makes you an authority on the subject?

Oh, stop digging in deeper… There is no law requiring that agencies call in the Texas Rangers when an officer is a suspect…It’s not “protocol” or any other weaselly way you want to try to back track. Heck, Dallas County just convicted a Balch Springs officer of murder for an incident that happened on duty and they didn’t need the Texas Rangers to investigate…

Do you not understand even simple English? Whether by statute or policy the cases are referred to a higher agency/department for investigation.

What part of that are you having difficulty understanding exactly?

The county is the next higher level of LEO authority above the city.

I’m having difficulty with your original statement “In this state an agency cannot investigate itself or it’s officers, the case has to be referred up to the next higher level of LE or directly to the Texas Rangers.”

We have now demonstrated that it’s flat out false yet you keep trying to save yourself from saying, I’m wrong… A state agency can investigate itself or it’s officers, the Dallas PD, in this case, decided to ASK the Texas Rangers to investigate.

1 Like

Which is completely irrelevant to your original assertion…

No you haven’t, the policy is just as I stated, such shootings are referred to a higher level of authority for investigation.

It’s exactly what I asserted. Next Higher Level authority with Jurisdiction.

Claiming she murdered him specifically requires intent on her part to unlawfully kill him. The crime requires specific intent.