Contryside vs Cities

In Maine?

Then how do so many young rural folks move to urban areas and do just fine?

I have lived in cities, and in the country. From my experience, rural culture is much more “collective” than urban culture.

For years, I lived in a town with a population smaller than the apartment building I live in now. I knew everyone’s name, their stories, their families. Everyone left their doors unlocked, and there were town-wide events every couple of weeks that everyone in the town came to. If anyone was sick or hungry, the whole town would come together to help them out.

Now, I know maybe 3 of my neighbors by name. There are no community events - there is no “community” to speak of. Cities are made up of individuals, living their lives in isolation while surrounded by millions of others doing the same thing.

1 Like

45 minutes east of Oakland puts you right in the middle of the Central Valley.

45 minutes west of DC is rural Virginia. An hour west, and you’re in West Virginia.

The Communities in my part of Brooklyn are around the bars.

That is where you meet people and make friendships.

it is a latter day social club.

1 Like

thats not what i am talking about at all
i am talking about a government making decisions that has let the people down,…
THAT ENSLAVES THE PEOPLE INTO CRIME AND POVERTY,…
PEOPLE ARENT LIVING THERE BECAUSE THEY ARE POOR
THE DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENT HAS MADE THEM POOR.

It’s exactly what you’re doing.

There are higher percentages of poor people living in rural areas than there are in cities.

If your point was to rail against Democrats, why did you pick Monmouth County as your example?

It’s not exactly a “red” area.

Yeah… I used to live in Appalachia.

That is abject poverty in some cases that I have not seen outside of crappiest neighborhoods in NYC>

RIGHT,… THATS FINE
LOTS OF POOR PEOPLE IN MONMOUTH COUNTY,…
DOESNT MEAN THE GOVERNMENT CANT FUNCTION, AND HAVE GREAT SCOOLS, AND HAVE PLANNING DEPARTMENTS AND ZONING THAT BRING IN GREAT COMPANIES, FACTORIES, DISTRIBUTION CENTERS, AND EVERY JOB UNDER THE SUN,…
SO PEOPLE CAN LIVE RIGHT,…
me and my mom live well under the poverty line,…
but we dont live in crime and filth,…
listen,…
there are always going to be poor people
but it is a problem if its always the same people, same families,
with no opportunity
BALTIMORE SCHOOLS SHOULD BE TEACHING THE KIDS TO GET THEIR DIPLOMAS, PROFIENENT IN BASIC MATH, READINGCOMPREHENSION, AND LIFE SKILLS, AS WELL AS GIVING THEM AN UNDERSTANDING IF THERE IS NO OPPOTUNITY IN BALTIMORE THEY GOT TO LEAVE AND GO AFTER THE OPPORTUNITY
AND THAT WOULD CREATE ROOM FOR MORE POOR PEOPLE, SUCH AS LEGAL IMMIGHRANTS, TO MOVE IN, AND THERE KIDS GET EDUCATED TO MOVE OUT,…
BUT WHEN YOU DO WHAT SO OFTEN DEMOCRAT GOVERNMENTS DO IN THESE AREAS, THEY ENSLAVE THE POPULATION INTO CRIME AND POVERTY, ENTRAPING THEM, AND CREATING DEPENDANCY

You mean the very Democratic government of Monmouth County and New Jersey?

Edit to add: Apologies, but further research demonstrates that Monmouth County is slightly Republican. My comments stand for the rest of New Jersey.

I WOULDNT CALL IT A DEMOCRAT COUNTY
TRUMP WON IT
MY TOWN HERE HAS BEEN REPUBLICAN IN EVERY SINGLE ELECTED POSITION SINCE 1960
THE POLITICAL SYSTEM IN THE COUNTY RUNS REPUBLICAN,…
SURE SOME TOWNS ARE DEMOCRAT OFFICIALS, BUT THE GENERAL GUIDANCE IN THE COUNTY FLOWS REPUBLICAN
so,… ive lived here 53 years
i know my county

I’m starting to think you’re not really a Democrat

never said i was

Ok, so do you consider the Central Valley country folk?

Are you going to live in Oakland or the valley?

:rofl: come on man.

I dont know what “country folks” means. The majority of the Central Valley is unquestionably rural, though.

I doubt I’ll live in either again, but I would choose Oakland.

Do they?

Context. Government.

There are worse things than being poor.