Conservatives Only Please

Good God man, hyperbolic much?

…nvm, I’ve read a few of your posts.

1 Like

Kind of seems like conservatism died within the Republican party. Then again, that was YEARS ago.

1 Like

George Will.

1 Like

I’d rather have a well thought out and reasoned discussion about the future of conservatism in America that can stand on it’s own merits and not the logical fallacy that we have to elect the worst society has to offer or we will plunge into whatever fear you need to peddle.

3 Likes

The time to primary Trump is now.

By the time fall 2020 rolls around, your viable choices will be Trump and some Dem. And logical fallacy or not, that WILL be your option. (Or not-vote, or vote 3rd party, both of which are essentially the same end result.)

Ummmm…I’m not 100% sure all those “no” voters are technically “Conservatives”.

It never was the party of Reagan. I’m glad Trump transformed the political arena as a whole. Here’s hoping a third party emerges out of it.

1 Like

Though if a vacancy comes up on or after February 2020 don’t be surprised if the Dems make it as difficult as possible for Trump to get his nominee appointed after Obama was denied his pick in the last year of his administration.

Trump a life long Democrat? I guess, but he isn’t a person consumed by ideology, he’s only consumed with himself. He’ll be whatever people that may clap for him want him to be, and to that end, he’s found a large group of sycophants that worship and adore him simply because he says what they want to hear. And in this case, that’s some strange form of authoritarian conservatism. Largely, he’s a bloviating buffoon who has trouble constructing the most basic sentences and has little understanding of how anything works. His only true talent is telling the gullible what they want to hear. So, if that’s the new conservative ideology, and you’re one of those people, yes, he deserves your vote. Otherwise, no.

3 Likes

I did not vote but he was not a life-long Democrat. He was a dem up to 1987. Than flipped back and forth and even was a reform party member. He,s changes parties, like he changes wifes.

Allan

1 Like

If a vacancy were to come up tomorrow, Dems would still make it as difficult as possible. Shrug.

They did that with Kavanaugh too.

What else is new?

The Obama factor won’t matter because, just like in 2016, the Rs control the Senate.

LOL!

“Difficult” doesn’t begin to describe that ■■■■ show.

Thanks, libs. Trump is going to have to replace Ginsburg with a woman instead of the best qualified candidate just to keep all your fake rape victims off of her. lol

3 Likes

My prediction is that ginsburg dies just after Jan 20, 2021.

She’s a tough old bird.

Allan

I would guess the attempt was to see what the support numbers are amongst the conservatives. Not necessarily to avoid discussion with the left on the board.

It would be like if the left posted a poll asking for the left to vote on who their favorite candidate is and having a bunch of the right skew the results.

It’s not against board rules but kinda negates the point of the poll.

But what’s the real unemployment rate???

That won’t happen. Our system is only designed to support two parties. If a third party emerges it will only replace one of the existing parties.

Heard a very interesting interview a few weeks ago with George Will. He said he’s willing to vote for a Democrat instead of Trump.
His final words about Donald Trump and I’m paraphrasing, “I want him out of public sight”.

1 Like

We are long overdue for a third party to come around. You know as well as I do the money Democrats and Republicans generate make it near impossible for a solid third party candidate.