Conservatives, are DeSantis and Abbot correct?

You can’t have more than one supporting reason for being against mandates?

If you want to pick and foment arguments, then yes, it must be either/or.

1 Like

Sure one can. But striker outlined when he would be in favor of mandates and the only criteria he changed was the risk. If there was something he didn’t articulate, he can present it.

Ever lived in a great big American City?
Used Public Transit?
I get the IT, hands touching everything, all kinds of strangers coming and going…
But this is different than your Damned, “educated guess” man!
This is an actual, factual really real Pandemic, and it aint over.
Corona is doing what that, 1st Alien movie, thingy did; adapt…
If Belichick was in charge of beating the Corona, there would never have been a Delta Variant.
To steal a bit from Coach Bannon’s playbook, “Kill it in the crib!”
Ohhh’ right that was the Constitution being smothered to death, when it should have been the Virus.
This should have been an America first getting healthy, then spreading the help were needed to stomp it out.
What a Missionary posture lost, truly God’s work, lost.

Ah’ the ResPrivita…
How One organizes One’s mind is entirely there own affair.
Still a Free State no?
Ohh’ right Trump, shhhhh’, I mean trump…

On my phone and not sure how to trim your post to the relevant line.

You asked if I ever lived in “a great big American city”, answer is yep, grew up in a big city. When I was in IT one of my postings was at the corporate HQ of Nationwide Insurance. 5 buildings over several city blocks, so yea, been there done that.

Doesn’t change what I said though. If the numbers were reversed to where the majority of cases were serious or fatal I could support mandate. As it stands now where the majority of cases are mild to moderate not requiring hospitalizations or fatal I cannot support a federal mandate. If individual companies want to enact one, that is to be expected, and if I worked at one of those companies, I would have a decision to make IF I wasn’t already vaccinated. In my case, I got it as soon as I was eligible to get it. My wife is diabetic, I have a history of bronchitis and pneumonia so for me, the decision was easy. At the same time, who am I to tell anyone else that they HAVE to get the vaccine. That, to me, is the issue here. Some politician telling ME I have to get it, they don’t know me, my medical history, nothing.

Before the “you had to have vaccines for school”, I was a kid, my parents made that decision for me. I had zero say, other than I HATED shots and didn’t want ANY shots as a kid…lol

I asked as well if you used Public Transport? I’ll assume you did.
I lived in southern CA, Los Angles, for years, had vehicles, still used buses there, and when the subway came to Hollywood, I used that too.
I would get really bad flu’s every year, I learned to open certain doors with the bottom of my shirt, and to actually use hand sanitizer etc… when, and where it was needed.
My yearly flu issues stopped entirely after.
Imagine this last six months with no vaccines available.
We shut down at first because we had no weapons to fight the Virus, we were in hide mode.
We very quickly then made them, it took time, and now we have them.
The vaccines are our weapons to fight this Virus, just like the vaccines we use to fight off our other long standing enemies, flu, polio, pox, etc…
Again, imagine that we just don’t have any, ANY, kind of vaccine available for Corona Virus, and it’s variants today, right now.
The bodies would be piled up in plain sight.
The breakdown, would be more like a complete collapse, Societal collapse.
These vaccines are what is keeping the whole damned human race’s head above the water just long enough to steal another breath to survive.
Again, imagine there are no vaccines today.
It’s easy if you try,
I don’t feel this particular matter a Freedom one, but rather, surviving a semi-extinction event.
We all should be thanking God for giving us the intellect to create the vacinnes.

And they never will know you, your history, nothing.
Why?
Because they have never really cared about you.
Of course you don’t think that Politicians actually care about anything except their own power do you?
Ohhh’ right.
Trump will straighten all this out, cause’ all he cares about is the people.
The only entities without agenda are the vaccines themselves.
Unless of course you discount the vacinnes agenda, it’s only purpose, to save human life, and defeat it’s mortal enemy, the Corona Virus.
If these vaccines were not here today, and most people using them, it would be an Apocalyptic scenario.
This Virus will keep mutating, and getting stronger until it is either stomped out by us, or overtakes it’s target entirely, us.
And here I thought an Asteroid hitting us would take out the human race, hunh’ go figure…

That’s not their only purpose.

What is the state with the lowest per capita new cases of Covid? California, where drastic distancing, masks laws and vaccine requirements are in place? No.
Vermont, with the highest number of vaccinations? No/

Its Florida, with less than half the new cases per capita than California.

Now the Yahoo article says that DeSantis shouldn’t take credit because Covid goes in waves…which is exactly what I was saying when you left leaning guys were blaming DeSantis for the high rate in Florida.

Sorry, leftys, by the next election DeSantis isn’t going to be through after all.

Now what about those mask mandates you religiously follow?

3 Likes

https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/disney-world-pauses-covid-vaccine-mandate

Well, well

2 Likes

Because of the Florida laws against mandates.

Just more centgov telling business how to operate.

Only for employees, what about “guests” as they are called?

anyone who is flown into the state on the midnight special is exempted from vaccine mandate … besides, they have the proper passports…

The Irony/brass of a lib complaining about Fla telling business how to operate and totally ignoring Brandon trying to mandate a 750,000 dollar fine on businesses with over 100 employees not mandating the vaccines for the employees.

Ain’t libs something!

6 Likes

I’m mocking the hypocrisy of small government conservatives cheering on centgov mandating how businesses operate.

It is not anti conservative for the government to protect the rights of citizens from corporations. See any conservatives complaining about child labor laws recently?

What about the citizens who own companies who want to run them n a way counter to centgovs declaration?

I’m mocking the obvious left wing double standard here. :grinning:

DeSantis is actually freeing business from the draconian mandates from Brandon.

The Brandon mandate is going to be ruled unconsitutional anyway. A Fed court has already placed a stay on it. :+1: :grinning:

Once again Irony. You favor the mandate/declaration from Brandon. :roll_eyes:

Where did I render an opinion on Biden’s mandate?

State government is not central government.

3 Likes