Conservatives, are DeSantis and Abbot correct?

Agreed. but the question is, are they right? Are vaccine mandates the issue that keeps them in power?

65% of texans support vaccine mandates.

I’m asking you. You brought pressure up.

Is it not a conservative value to keep government out of private business?

Is telling a private company what they can or can not do regarding a vaccine mandate keeping government out of businesses?

That’s odd, only 52% are vaccinated.

4 Likes

My Trumper neighbor was the same way. Told him I would vaccinated as soon as I could be. He said he’d “already had” Covid and it was no big deal.

A few months later he mentioned a lady from his church died 4 days after getting sick and he got the shot as soon as possible after that. “Did you get yours?” He asked me.

It was like the previous conversation never happened/

That’s absurd. Mandates are designed to get people vaccinated. Opposing mandates is on it’s face, opposing vaccination.

Also, how is it conservatives to tell companies what they can not can not do re: vaccinations?

52% entire population fully vaccinated.

73% 12 and older have had 1 dose.

Do you truly not understand? How can that be. Mandates are “designed” to force people to do things.

I have been fully vaccinated since before I was “allowed”. I am adamantly opposed to Jbiden’s edict and any government pressure to do pretty much anything.

How can Jbiden tell companies? And use OSHA to enforce it?

3 Likes

Did you caveat your poll?

Government mandates should be reserved for the most extreme situations only. One can support vaccination and encourage people to get the shot and still oppose the government forcing it on people.

7 Likes

The post of a liberal.

3 Likes

Abbott is forbidding PRIVATE COMPANIES from mandating their employees or customers have the vaccine. Regardless of Biden’s EO.

No government mandates for or against vaccination. Let individuals and the private sector make their own decisions.

6 Likes

Are you also against vaccination mandates for public school kids?

Exactly and this super flu just isn’t it.

Get the vaccine and be honest about natural immunity superiority.

2 Likes

What EO??

That’s rich coming from authoritarian.

3 Likes

No.

…

Lol at me being the authoritarian.

Regardless, I wasn’t asking of a contemporary liberal democrat’s take on this - I was asking for the contemporary conservative take, which I obviously cannot give.

Would you care to offer an answer to the question?

Sorry - I thought Biden’s 100 employee thing was an EO.