Conservative Social Media Influencer Douglass Mackey Convicted of Election Interference

Huh. Did you know it wasn’t “a meme”?

This was multiple posts during a 3 month campaign to trick voters.

2 Likes

But was a law broken ?

1 Like

Jokes aren’t always politically correct.

I have no problem making it illegal to conspire to trick people out of voting. I’m not sure the law involved does that. That law says you can’t injure oppress, threaten or intimidate anyone out of exercising their constitutionally guaranteed rights.
That would better describe, say, antifa organizing to block someone from speaking at a University. Has it ever been used for that?
The law may be vague, but the political intent of the prosecutor is not.

1 Like

…and yet the FBI, that duped FISA Judges to illicitly get a warrant to spy on the Trump campaign, with evidence they presented that they knew was false, that then lied and said there was evidence of Russian collusion…that the MSM shouted from the rooftops for years…that then led to the Mueller investigation…that lasted for another year…all without producing any evidence of conviction but without question interferred with our Presidential elections in both 2016 and 2020 and NO ONE IS BEING HELD ACCOUNTABLE!

Where are the FISA Court Judges? They should either speak out or be dismantled for their corrupt involvement.

1 Like

i would not doubt it

a large collective slap in the face from democrats

Part of our societal decline is a loss of a sense of humor.

People have been trained to look for offense for their first reaction.

Your earlier post captured this:

Both examples are essentially the same, in spite of hair-splitting attempts to manufacture differences.

The real difference is the fear that lib voters are stupid enough to be swayed by Mackey’s actions.

2 Likes

Like indictment on Trump.

Might be time to reconsider posting on political matters, even anonymously.

2 Likes

What goes around comes around. Enjoy the swirl, folks. :wink:

1 Like

The fear is justified. ~5000 people responded in an attempt to vote. I don’t understand that level of credulity and gullibility. But then I remember that there are millions of Trump voters

Anybody that fell for it is too stupid to vote. Call it a moron check.

We should dig up H.G. Wells and jail him.

4 Likes

Yes, both are correct in my opinion, and they aren’t mutually exclusive. It was a joke meme, but the prosecution of it is intended to make everyone else fear to criticize the left. It’s an absurd prosecution from the humorless left, at least humorless when they are the target of the humor.

They love making jokes about the right, they can dish it out but can’t take it. They prosecute this? Mercy, what’s NEXT?

And…THAT…is…what…the…left…wants…us…to…do…FEAR what will happen to us if we DARE criticize or make fun of their dear leader…

They strain out the gnat and swallow a camel. They go after this guy for criminal charges that could get 10 YEARS in PRISON for a JOKE, but ignore what their side does, including selling influence to our enemies, bribes, threats, and intimidation bordering at times on treason, destroying evidence, coverup of crimes, and doing every single thing they accuse people on the right of when they are doing the same times 100.

1 Like

Remember this every time someone here says “the left can’t meme”.

1 Like

This was no joke. It was an extended campaign of voter fraud that was successful.

REAL LIVE voter fraud, not that imaginary stuff you guys wail on about.

1 Like

That too.

But I can’t fraudulently sell people oceanside land in Arizona and not expect legal repercussions even if the people that would have been swindled probably aren’t that bright.

He was investigated and arrested by Trump’s DOJ/Bill Barr

“Department of Justice
Office of Public Affairs
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Wednesday, January 27, 2021
Social Media Influencer Charged with Election Interference Stemming from Voter Disinformation Campaign
Defendant Unlawfully Used Social Media to Deprive Individuals of Their Right to Vote”

"“According to the allegations in the complaint, the defendant exploited a social media platform to infringe one the of most basic and sacred rights guaranteed by the Constitution: the right to vote,” said Nicholas L. McQuaid, Acting Assistant Attorney General of the Justice Department’s Criminal Division. “This complaint underscores the department’s commitment to investigating and prosecuting those who would undermine citizens’ voting rights.”

“There is no place in public discourse for lies and misinformation to defraud citizens of their right to vote,” said Seth D. DuCharme, Acting U.S. Attorney for the Eastern District of New York. “With Mackey’s arrest, we serve notice that those who would subvert the democratic process in this manner cannot rely on the cloak of Internet anonymity to evade responsibility for their crimes. They will be investigated, caught and prosecuted to the full extent of the law.”"

1 Like

4900 people tried to vote using that number

He didn’t sell them anything.

1 Like