Conserative attack Olympian for withdrawing from match, calling her weak and shame to American people

Wow. That stuff from the Russians was vile.

1 Like

This thread is quite something.

A bunch of internet warriors mocking the greatest gymnast in the world, and one of the greatest american athletes in history.

U S A! U S A!!!

3 Likes

Saying she let her teammates down is “mocking”?

Y’all need a dictionary and my 9th grade English teacher.

1 Like

can you picture the stress this young woman is under.

she is 24
she is viewed not only the greatest gymnast in American history but world history period.
she has trained since 2016 for this moment
she has shot, one vault that it she doesn’t get to try again later.

the pressure she must have been under to say “Hey I can’t do this” must have been insane. this is a woman who competed with two broken toes, Kidney stones.

Shes human, people can buckle from stress.
I doubt you will find a single person on the team that felt abandon by her choice.

That is why it is so important that people with high profiles are able to speak to their struggles with mental health. It allows a greater understanding of mental health and affords other people the opportunity o seek out help for their own mental health.

1 Like

one of the greatest swimmers in history Michael Phelps said the pressure and stress was so great he almost killed himself.

1 Like

Again, stating what I said is not “mocking”.

Calling her a quitter is unfair.

No, attacking her for it

agreeing that it was ‘cruddy’

calling her a shame to the country and a selfish sociopath

saying it was

or that her conduct was unsportsmanlike

Just nasty, uncalled for nonsense, and you have the nerve to suggest the only commentary was that she let her team down and that people don’t have the ability to, you know, search the thread for what people ACTUALLY said.

Shame on every last person who attacks her for this.

1 Like

I’m not talking about you personal but the level of criticism she has gotten from the press is unbecoming and cruel.

there is no one in the world more upset about her withdrawing then herself.

Maybe you can quote me calling her a quitter.

Please do.

This you?

1 Like

Did I hurt your feelers?

It was pretty ■■■■■■■ She left her team in a lurch. She could have done it before the final but she only did it after she mucked up her vault and knew she wasn’t getting the score she had hoped for.

Now, I also do not agree with the ■■■■■■■■ of messing with they way they wanted to score her and only her because she is so much better than everyone else.

1 Like

Yep. I use the lib defense of I didn’t directly call her a quitter. I said she quit on her teammates. :sunglasses:

What a dumb question to type out.

And? She had a mental break. She couldn’t compete. People suffering mental health issues don’t get to choose when they happen.

We can all see how this thread is going so far. The “only pointing out that yes, technically she DID quit” angle just isn’t going to fly. That’s not what the thread is about-it’s about the uncalled for nasty attacks against her over it.

I like how you left out the last part where I agreed with her on the scoring.

typical

Maybe mucking up the vault was what clued her in to the mental issue?

1 Like

I like how you agreed that it was a cruddy thing to do with

and then try to hand wave that with 'well, the judging wasn’t very good either way."

typical

Since I didn’t say that quotes are a bit of “disinformation”.

Since I also did not imply that in any way since the pretty ■■■■■■ comment was about her walking away, that’s a total fib.