Consequences of the 'Rona Hysteria

The airline industry is the new amtrak. Can’t survive without mother’s milk.

4 Likes

Maybe IRS will use their new 80 thousand plus soldiers to go after that money?

Naw…that’s crazy talk.

People engaged in huge amounts of fraud getting the covid government cash extravaganza, if they were directed to focus there I wouldn’t complain, as much.

The early retirements also hurt. Government is also to blame they haven’t been able to refill all the ATC positions. Pete Butthead should worry about getting his own house in order first.

3 Likes

One consequence of COVID-19 hysteria in shutdowns and encouraging potential patients to “delay unnecessary medical care”, um, who in the ■■■■ decides what is “unnecessary”, was an increase in cancer diagnoses in 2021 and at a later stage:

https://www.astro.org/News-and-Publications/News-and-Media-Center/News-Releases/2021/COVID-19-pandemic-has-led-to-more-advanced-stage-c

1 Like

Why blame only the shut down for this, rather than the politically motivated hysteria to open up? Governors were willing to ration care with a pen stroke just to subsidize opening up fast fast fast

And other gov waste…which we know it’s in 100’s of billions of dollars each and every year.

“Why blame only the shutdown for this”

Because there should have been no shutdown, none at all.

Should Texans, or anyone else for that matter, not want to pursue anything from indoor dining to cancer screening, no one would have forced them to do so.

The doors should not have been shut for those who did want to pursue various activities and services.

So now we’re stuck with more cancer diagnoses at later stages.

5 Likes

How can you say there should’ve been no shutdown? Hospital beds were limited. The governor of Texas stopped Texans from seeking medical care so those beds could service the surge of covid driven by indoor bars.

It was a real problem stressing limited critical infrastructure resources. Sacrifice was required, and the governor chose sick people to be given up. Sick people are still paying that debt now because of delayed care.

Patients seeking outpatient care, as paps, mammograms, colonoscopies and routine physicals are outpatient services, would have filled up hospital beds, so should have been told to stay home?

The same hospital personnel who had nonsense for idiotic videos

benefitted from shutdowns?

She shows up in another clip crying that she “held the hand of a dying patient.”” End of life care is also a part of that profession. Can’t do it? Get out of hospital nursing at least.

There should have been no shutdowns

5 Likes

Here ya go: https://www.sorryantivaxxer.com

You can see all kinds of people under 60 dying of COVID.

As for being immune, sure, you may shrug it off one time then get hit like a ton of bricks the next.

It was pretty clear early on who was at risk and it wasn’t young healthy people.

4 Likes

Not sure how this is relevant to the number of remaining beds and stress on infrastructure at that time. They might not have been at risk but their activity still needed to be curtailed.

Thank you, but I was talking about real life, real people, not some stupid scare link for suckers. lol

2 Likes

…their activity still needed to be curtailed.

But whatever for?

Lockdowns added to domestic violence and suicide increases due to isolation.

A recovering alcoholic in my circle of acquaintance came close to drinking due to the isolation of no in person AA meetings. Very recently I had to go to Hell and back even with TWO lab reports saying I was COVID-19 negative because of my symptoms. It turns out I got bronchitis, which NPs at the Minute Clinic who made every effort to fit me into their schedule found out.

Why is it if I wanted an abortion that doctor would have held my hand to access it, but a cough that takes away my sleep, even with two negative lab reports, needs a review panel?

A teen in our circle of acquaintance ended his life, and I don’t believe virtual schooling helped him to feel connected outside the home. Whoever did curtailing the activities of healthy help? The old? The obese? The infirm?

It’s pretty backwards when they’re a priority but a baby or more treatable sick person is expendable

2 Likes

What kind of perverted society sacrifices the lives of the young and healthy for the extremely elderly and obese?

1 Like

Critical infrastructure was failing. If some kids were opening fire hydrants to play and dropping water pressure, you get them to stop. The ER, while not as important as running water, is still important to our first-world civilization. Ludicrous to just let it get overrun by a contagion because of spring break or whatever.

Those are real life people. Or were.

Of course they were. With a name like “Sorry AntiVaxxers” it totes screams, “I’m not a zealous nutbag or anything for trying to use a link like this to prove a point!” :rofl:

2 Likes

Actually the E R was overrun a long time ago by the “indigent” using it as a one stop shop.

So why should the rest of us not be able to access outpatient or urgent care? Preventive exams?

3 Likes